Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > ink well and graphire tablet

ink well and graphire tablet
neps
Forum Regular
Aug 21, 2002, 10:07 PM

just installed Jagaur, and I know you have to have the tablet pluged in order for inkwell to show up. But using the stylus on the tablet doesn't make the mouse move at all. Do I need to install some Wacom drivers? I went to their website, but their drivers are 10.1 and not sure if it conflicts with built in drivers that may be in Jaguar? We also put Jag on our machine at work and the Intous 2 would register movements, but it wouldn't recognize ink writing.

thoughts?

torifile
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2002, 10:21 PM

AFAIK, the drivers for it work fine. I've used them in 6c98 without a problem. And, yes, you need to have them installed for ink to work properly. HTH

noliv
Senior User
Aug 22, 2002, 07:21 AM

I have a graphire and installed the 10.1 drivers, no problem...

Then you can activate Inkwell in Preferences.
-noliv

Sven G
Professional Poster
Aug 22, 2002, 07:49 AM

It's also best to install the very latest (beta) driver (only available in English, sofar): in my case, it completely eliminated some frequent kernel panics on shutdown, which I had erroneously attributed to a new USB switch (in reality, they were due to the previous, "stable" Wacom driver); the latest driver also corrects a sluggish, erratic behavior in Virtual PC.

mrchin
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2002, 08:23 AM

It'd be nice if the latest drivers worked with the ADB Intuos Tablets. 300 bucks 2 years ago out the window. I'm not buying again. Can't afford it.

Anyone get their ADB to work using an adapter in X? I've got the Griffin iMate and it's got X drivers but nothing working for the Wacom.
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

Forum Links
Forum Rules