Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" Powerbook

12" Powerbook
donclarkjr
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2007, 03:15 PM

I dont know if this is the right forum, but here I go. I have a 12" powerbook 867, 1.25 Gb ram, 60 gb hard drive, superdrive and airport extreme card. I also just totally replaced the bottom and palm rest area. I was thinking about selling it I just dont know how much to ask for this machine looks great now. I probably have about 400-500 in it and was wanting to break even. Do you all think thats possible?

Thanks any input is great
Jerry

~bash $
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2007, 03:19 PM

Break even meaning on the entire computer + the upgrades? I think you can break even okay on the upgrades alone, check eBay's completed listings, and you'll see that 12" powerbooks are in fairly high demand, though the 867 MHz's don't do nearly as well as the 1.0+ GHz, obviously. I think it will stay that way until Apple fills that demand for a small pro portable.

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2007, 03:39 PM

The computer only cost me 150 the guy thought it was a dead motherboard and all it needed was memory.
So with all the upgrades and the computer I want to break even about 500 bucks
Jerry

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 18, 2007, 09:19 PM

Well I got all the parts I needed in and the powerbook is complete. I have it for sale in the marketplace, anyone interested please go check it out.

Thanks

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2007, 12:00 AM

If you have a slightly powerful desktop and don't have another laptop, why not keep the PowerBook? Depending on what you do it can still be put to good use.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2007, 10:26 AM

Those are sought after due to the form-factor, but 867 is a tad sow, these days. Try for 500, and see how that goes.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 22, 2007, 11:59 AM

Yeah I really am flexible on price I just thought I would go a little higher then I wanted. My real goal is to get at least 450-500 for this machine.

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 22, 2007, 12:05 PM

Yeah I really didnt think I would get 600 for it I was really hoping for 450-500. I am open to offers or trades also.

As for me keeping it I have too many computers right now as it is. I have another 12" powerbook 1.5 G4, dual 500 G4 powermac with OWC 1 ghz upgrade, 867 quicksilver, core 2 duo mini thats sold, 2.4 24" iMac, 2.4 macbook pro and a couple of PC laptops and desktops. I just got this one at a good deal and decided to make it work and look good then sell it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules