Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Opera for Mac!

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Opera for Mac!
macopz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 20, 2000, 01:21 AM

...well, maybe not EVERYTHING, but a heck of alot!
www.macopz.com presents "A Night at the Opera," an in-depth exclusive preview of the Mac version of this exciting upcoming browser. This coverage includes screenshots, an in-depth report, and an interview from the lead programmer.

Check it out at www.macopz.com

-MacOpz
;-) MacOpz

wlonh
Professional Poster
Apr 20, 2000, 07:27 AM

i have grown very tired of hearing of Opera... here is a company with a fair amount of capitalization (unlike iCab Co.) that can't manage to get a Mac version of their product out the door.

i have been reading about Opera for Mac for HOW long now?!? three years, maybe? there's still no Opera for Mac not even a preview release.

i don't reward laggards

Misha
Professional Poster
Apr 20, 2000, 08:48 AM

I have to agree with wlonh, but I'm curious to see the finished product. When I worked as an IT admin (400+ Macs) we ran iCab on most of the 68k machines; it's the lean, mean browser that those slower machines need.

All Power Macs now run IE 5.0. It's features can't be matched, and performance is very good. The Admin Kit also makes it very easy to customize the copies on a universal level.

I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait for Opera for 68k. I don't think Opera for PPC will be able to steal IE 5.0's thunder, and certainly not with a hefty price tag, except for those die-hard MS haters.

I think iCab has a better chance of being successful with it's not-free browser strategy since it's a Mac-only company. Mac users like to support their own.

wlonh
Professional Poster
Apr 20, 2000, 09:31 AM

as my anger at Opera has been simmering just now i would like to go further and state that the only way i'd use Opera is if they paid me to

not bloody likely

Forum Links
Forum Rules