Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook Pro yellow screen.

MacBook Pro yellow screen.
motoyen
Forum Regular
Aug 5, 2009, 03:52 AM

I just received my brand new 15" MacBook Pro SD version and I've noticed a yellow tinge on the lower 1/3 of the screen. Doing a quick search it seems that this was a problem with some of the older MBP modes. Has anyone heard if this problem persists in the newer models?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2009, 03:55 AM

I don't know, but I hope you're demanding repair or replacement. Demand the quality you paid for.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

motoyen  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 5, 2009, 10:04 PM

Today I took it to a local Apple reseller so I could compare it to their floor model and sure enough there is a noticeable difference. I called Apple support and they've scheduled me with a Apple Genius tomorrow. Assuming they decide to warranty it do they give me a new one right there or does it have to be shipped out?

motoyen  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 6, 2009, 11:40 PM

I took it to the Apple store today and they are going to replace it. So I have to send it back and their going to send me a new unit. Kind of a pain because this means I've got to wait even longer to get my MBP.

Forum Links
Forum Rules