Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook battery - Apple'care' rant

Macbook battery - Apple'care' rant
drissa
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 20, 2008, 01:19 PM

I'm sorry - a rant that serves nobody but myself:

Like plenty of other users, my new Macbook battery died on me. The Apple Store in London confirmed this, but didn't have a new one in stock and asked me to call Applecare.

I spent 20 minutes at premium rate on the phone, going through all the checks which the Applestore engineer did and noted in my case (the notes are there - why do it twice?), then the lengthy and painful process of spelling every letter of the address... then, I'm asked for my credit card details: I need to package up the old battery and send it to them within ten days, or I'll be charged. I give in.

After supplying them with a faulty product, Apple add insult to injury by behaving so mistrustfully of their customers and asking them to jump through hoops just to get a working laptop.

This happened just a few days after a MBP battery at work exploded in the now notorious fashion. Jigsaw replaced it painlessly in a couple of days.

If I could run OS X on any other hardware, I'd be there in a flash.

Forum Links
Forum Rules