Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Macally IceKey Black

WTB: Macally IceKey Black
JonoMarshall
Senior User
Apr 4, 2007, 09:41 AM

Hi,
I'm based in London and can't find a US based company that can ship a Black Macally IceKey Keyboard to me, so I was wondering if anyone out there has one in as-new condition they're looking to part with?

Name your price below or PM me and I'll get back to you!

Note 1. Black Macally IceKeys aren't available in the UK, but the layouts should be similar, right?
Note 2. If you feel like buying one for me from a local store and charging me a premium.. fair enough!
Note 3. If you know of a better black keyboard, please suggest below (I've done some searching)!

JonoMarshall  (op)
Senior User
Apr 5, 2007, 05:51 AM

Come on guys and gals... couldn't someone pick one up for me on their next trip to a macally supplier?

Name your price!

pixelbaker
Apr 7, 2007, 05:16 PM

I'm personally a fan of the Kensingston SlimType which comes in both black and white. Very similar look about it and the key reaction is great on them. You might have better luck finding them for sale in the UK.

JonoMarshall  (op)
Senior User
Apr 8, 2007, 10:16 AM

Thanks for that, although the Black model uses PC labels, which is why my heart was kind of set on the macally icekey.

I know it's a bit mad, but all I really want is a stylish/slim black keyboard with mac layout/labels... who'd of thought it'd be so tricky!

The retail on the macally seems to be $40, shipping would probably be $10(?!) so I'm be prepared to offer in excess of $50 for this... no takers as yet, there must be someone who can source one locally?!

JonoMarshall  (op)
Senior User
Apr 12, 2007, 05:30 AM

What about if I increase my offer to $70 (incl. shipping costs)..?

Anyone want to help with this?

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2007, 08:14 PM

there's none on eBay.uk? $70 for an IceKey is steep. I used a white one for 6 months or so and I had 3 keys give me hell... no it's the backup to my apple bluetooth.

It looks like J&R is the main supplier for black IceKeys. Sadly, I don't have one nearby in Florida...

How about a black keyboard cover for an Apple keyboard - or do you want the slim keys really badly?

JonoMarshall  (op)
Senior User
Apr 15, 2007, 01:44 PM

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion.. can't imagine silicone feeling too good to use though?

I don't know why but I've fallen for the IceKey, although I'd consider any black/stylish alternatives (with Apple keys)...

My setup at the mo is a Black MB, 2407wfp monitor and a black pro mouse (managed to find one in new condition).. I've definately got issues, but want a matching external keyboard!

Weezer
Mac Elite
Apr 15, 2007, 08:55 PM

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

JonoMarshall  (op)
Senior User
Apr 16, 2007, 02:52 AM

Getting an as-new black Apple Pro Keyboard is my backup solution, thanks for the link although we have them here in the UK too!

So no-one's interested in shipping me a Black Macally IceKey?

kermit4161
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 17, 2007, 08:34 AM

Hi, (just in case you hadn't tried this) won't Macally ship to London? I was just at their site and you can buy one directly from them for $49.00 US.

Good luck

JonoMarshall  (op)
Senior User
Apr 17, 2007, 09:32 AM

I'd love to buy one from Macally directly, but there international shipping prices are ridiculous!
The cheapest delivery to London is $95 + $50 for the keyboard = ouch on the pocket.

I keep checking eBay, as regular shipping costs seem to be $15 to $20.
I was hoping someone on the forum would have one to sell/ship one to me, but it's not going so well...

kermit4161
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 18, 2007, 08:03 PM

Ouch... that is ridiculous! They are pretty nice looking keyboards too. Good luck with your search. I'm sure one will turn up on eBay shortly. EVERYTHING turns up on eBay eventually .

JonoMarshall  (op)
Senior User
Apr 25, 2007, 12:35 PM

No luck still... pleeeease can anyone run me an errand?

(Otherwise I'm going the PC keyboard and re-map route, eek!)

JonoMarshall  (op)
Senior User
Jun 12, 2007, 04:36 AM

Ok, for anyone who's interested, you might want to take a look at the Moshi Celesta or the DeckLab Keyboard range, black mac keyboards are few and far between!

I've gone for a (brand new condition) Apple Black Pro Keyboard, tah all.

PartialPants
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 29, 2007, 09:21 PM

WOW! (on purpose caps)

I was just about to order the icekey keyboard to replace my Apple Bluetooth keyboard that I haven't liked since I bought it 6 months ago. I don't like the way it types and feels and my mind boggles since it doesn't have an adjustable back to it like all other keyboards I've ever seen.

Oh, back to the wow.... I looked at the Moshi Celesta's and they are cool!!!!!!

Thank you JonoMarshall!!!!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules