Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Ingraham vs. Hogg

Ingraham vs. Hogg
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 8, 2018, 08:28 PM

Yeah, I'm only like two weeks late.

So Ingraham took insulted Hogg over something not even gun control related. Rather than get into a tweet war the ****er just posted a list of her top advertisers and let the free market take its course. It's awe-inspiring. He side-stepped playing her game and then delivered a possibly fatal blow to her show. In the fallout of almost 20 advertisers fleeing her show, Ingraham went on a 'planned vacation' (Much like O' Reilly before her).

Of course, since the clap-back proved effective, some conservatives are now crying that boycotts are undemocratic (as in, hurts free speech) and that Hogg is 'bullying' her (Bullying has now become the right's go-to attack at any liberal who has a spine and/or gets results).

Is calling for a boycott of Ingraham reasonable? Are boycotts economic 'bullying'?

(In the past few days Hannity has started a twitter feud with Kimmel, and has been dredging up some his worst material. With a little perpective, I think Hannity is trying to take Kimmel's scalp as payback for Ingraham. It has not panned out so far, because Hannity is a moron).

OreoCookie
Apr 8, 2018, 09:07 PM

Ingraham's and Hogg's motives are very different: Ingraham wants to stir controversy to make money, and she is a professional. Hogg does not have a profit motive. To me that makes a big difference. Some conservative commentators have said that “Hogg should know that this is what he is getting into” by publicly championing a cause. Instead of saying that Ingraham's behavior is inappropriate. (No, you don't curb free speech if you say that someone has reacted wrongly.)

Especially from a purported conservative point of view where the market can deal with problems by itself without intervention from the state, then boycotts are exactly such an instrument. I don't think we should overdo it here, but in this particular instance, I think it is fine. If a company advertises for a particular time slot, it associates its brand with Ingraham's show. And I think her brand is toxic.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Apr 9, 2018, 02:19 PM

Hogg wants to work at CNN or MSNBC, like his mom.

andi*pandi
Apr 9, 2018, 03:05 PM

If you are referring to a photo of the kids behind a CNN desk, it was from a tour they took. I also have a photo of my kid behind a local news desk, but I don't work there.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/rebec...rida-shooting/

Seems he does want to get into journalism though.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Apr 9, 2018, 04:11 PM

Oh shit, did BadKosh get fake news'd again??.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 9, 2018, 04:42 PM

It doesn't matter because it was completely irrelevant to the topic as far as I could tell.

andi*pandi
Apr 9, 2018, 06:21 PM

hannity vs kimmel is downright nasty.

Of course we know the Man Show was crude. It's not a big reveal, Hannity.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 9, 2018, 06:34 PM

The hypocrisy is fantastic – he is more outraged by misogyny for laughs than anything Trump has ever done. Hannity distilled.

OreoCookie
Apr 9, 2018, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Hogg wants to work at CNN or MSNBC, like his mom.
All I hear is deafening silence on the inappropriateness of Ingraham's attack.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 9, 2018, 10:39 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.afab1eb6c7d1
A conservative commentator at a Sinclair Broadcast Group-owned television station in St. Louis has resigned after a statement he made threatening to sexually assault David Hogg drew harsh criticism and sparked the beginnings of an advertiser boycott.

Jamie Allman, who hosts a nightly news show on KDNL, a Sinclair-owned ABC affiliate in St. Louis, as well as a morning FM radio show, wrote on Twitter that he was “hanging out getting ready,” to sexually assault David Hogg with “a hot poker.”
The combo of these kids having street cred and being effective is really deconstructing some of the weaker conservatives.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 10, 2018, 11:39 AM

Let’s see if the LW-MSM give the same coverage and “street dread” to this Wednesday‘s student led pro-life walk out that they did to the “student led” anti 2nd amendment walkout. I’m sure the LW-MSM will give the same kid glove treatment to the organizer that they have with Hogg.
45/47

andi*pandi
Apr 10, 2018, 01:16 PM

All the LW-MSM has to do to do better than Fox and Co is not issue death threats or desires to rape the kids... so Fox and Co have set the bar pretty low.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 10, 2018, 01:20 PM

We will see come tomorrow. It will probably get the same coverage as the annual March for Life, which is minimal, if any at all.
45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 10, 2018, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Let’s see if the LW-MSM give the same coverage and “street dread” to this Wednesday‘s student led pro-life walk out that they did to the “student led” anti 2nd amendment walkout. I’m sure the LW-MSM will give the same kid glove treatment to the organizer that they have with Hogg.
We will see come tomorrow. It will probably get the same coverage as the annual March for Life, which is minimal, if any at all.
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
All I hear is deafening silence on the inappropriateness of Ingraham's attack.
Thread about Ingraham and all I get is pre-whining about how pro-second amendment kids get treated.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 10, 2018, 07:54 PM

Not pro 2A.
45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 10, 2018, 07:56 PM

Not pro 2A.
Even better. It's not even relevant to the topic. You've done it again, good sir!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 10, 2018, 08:21 PM

https://twitter.com/Dcxvi_13/status/983768159382519809
Laura Ingraham vs. Laura Ingraham

What a hypocrite
Checkmate.

Forum Links
Forum Rules