Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Who Has Podium Cool Pad?

Who Has Podium Cool Pad?
gururafiki
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2003, 06:59 AM

Is there anyone here who has a podium pad with their powerbook? It looks as if it may be hard to load cd's as the podiumpad sets the front of a powerbook at a downward angle. Is this a problem? Will the podium pad hold a 17" book?

pjmurphy
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2003, 07:33 AM

I can only answer one of your two questions.. and guess at the other.

1-no, there are no issue loading/ejecting CDs... plenty of clearance.

2-using a 17" on it.. i dont think you would have any problem... its very sturdy and wide.

good luck

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2003, 08:10 AM

I can't answer you personally, unfortunately, but I can provide some links to reviews!

HERE

HERE

HERE

and HERE

Hope that helps!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2003, 10:57 AM

No problem on either front. We'll worth it from both a cooling standpoint and ergonomics. And it fits into a briefcase quite nicely. I always travel with it.

skyman
Mac Elite
Mar 18, 2003, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by gururafiki:
Is there anyone here who has a podium pad with their powerbook? It looks as if it may be hard to load cd's as the podiumpad sets the front of a powerbook at a downward angle. Is this a problem? Will the podium pad hold a 17" book?
I am happy with the CoolPad as well. My 1GHz Ti stays cooler a bit longer but the fan(s) still come on eventually but less frequently.

The typing angle is nice and loading CDs is not a problem.

I only with Apple had the loading slot on the right side instead of the front.

Alphy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2003, 11:32 AM

I have the podium coolpad. You can have a maximum of 4 pieces in height adjustments including the rubber piece before you run into any problems. Any higher than that and you won't be able to eject the disc without having it smacking into the table and trouble inserting disc.

One thing to watch out is rubber markings left on the bottom rear of your laptop because of the generated heat from the laptop.

Voch
Mac Elite
Mar 18, 2003, 11:38 AM

I have the CoolPad Traveller (the non-adjustable one...I wanted portability) and it works great with my 667 DVI. The fans (which are pretty quiet anyway) come on once-in-a-while with the CoolPad. I won't run it off of the AC adapter without it. No problem getting to the optical drive slot, but the Traveller model doesn't angle the machine too much.

Voch

Biggerfoot
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2003, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by gururafiki:
I have the portable one that I picked of at Staples for $19.95.

I think this is a great item and wish I had one long ago. I have a TiBook and it keeps it cool, rotates, and all ports and DVD/CDR slot works fine. This one is small enough to fit in my carry on case and as a result, I do not leave home without it.

gururafiki  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2003, 04:43 PM

Does the travel version swivel 190 degrees also?

Forum Links
Forum Rules