Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Is there anyway to DOWNGRADE my MacBook's Firmware?

Is there anyway to DOWNGRADE my MacBook's Firmware?
Dillon-K
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 11, 2006, 01:00 AM

Well, when I first got my MacBook I thought I should update the firmware... however, now I hate it! the fans are constantly running and it's a HUGE pain! So is there any way to downgrade my firmware that isn't difficult or risky?
Black MacBook 2.0GHz Core Duo, 1GB RAM.
Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse, Brenthaven Metro (black).

ibook_steve
Oct 11, 2006, 01:57 AM

No. Contact Apple or go see a genius. That's what they're for!

Steve

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 11, 2006, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dillon-K
Well, when I first got my MacBook I thought I should update the firmware... however, now I hate it! the fans are constantly running and it's a HUGE pain! So is there any way to downgrade my firmware that isn't difficult or risky?
Your MacBook recovered from your water spillage then?

silkk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 11, 2006, 03:30 PM

Apple support has a firmware suite up for download to restore the orginal firmware of all the intel macs.

aristobrat
Forum Regular
Oct 12, 2006, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dillon-K
Have you tried resetting the PRAM?

A few weeks ago my MacBook (out of the blue) started to run the fan full-blast for no reason. Rebooting didn't help. It ran like that for a few days until I reset the PRAM (to fix an iSight issue). After that, I can only hear the fans when I put my head close to the keyboard.

Forum Links
Forum Rules