Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > UK Delivery Times

UK Delivery Times (Page 2)
AJ
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2003, 09:55 AM

This shipping/BTO is really taking the mickey. I ordered mine on the 14/11/2003, so I'm not expecting it to be built until the end of the week.

800Mhz, 256MB, 30GB. BTO Bluetooth and Airport Extreme

The shipping does sound terrible. I have had problems with Apple shipping before, and don't hold up much hope of it getting here before the 5th December or so.

We'll see.
( Last edited by AJ; Nov 19, 2003 at 12:56 PM. )

AJ
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2003, 12:52 PM

Okay, so I got lucky. Just got an email to say that it had "shipped". Wonder how long it will be stationary for?!

Timmay
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2003, 04:24 PM

After 19 days in transist I finally have my 12inch bluetooth 60gig ibook G4!!

Sweet!

I didn't think it would come today at I called TNT and they said it was not in the country yet, then 30 mins later it came!

Yay

AJ
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2003, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by Timmay:
After 19 days in transist I finally have my 12inch bluetooth 60gig ibook G4!!

Sweet!

I didn't think it would come today at I called TNT and they said it was not in the country yet, then 30 mins later it came!

Yay
That fills me with the deepest confidence...

arhra
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2003, 12:39 AM

Originally posted by AJ:
This shipping/BTO is really taking the mickey. I ordered mine on the 14/11/2003, so I'm not expecting it to be built until the end of the week.

800Mhz, 256MB, 30GB. BTO Bluetooth and Airport Extreme

The shipping does sound terrible. I have had problems with Apple shipping before, and don't hold up much hope of it getting here before the 5th December or so.

We'll see.
weird. I ordered mine on the 14th (same config, minus bluetooth), and it shipped on the 17th, and is apparently somewhere between here and luxembourg right now (given that it's not in the uk yet, though, it'll probably take until some time next week to be delivered...)

jivefeind
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2003, 07:13 AM

arhra,

it seems to be once they have sent it the problems arise! Mine was sent on the 13th and it is still sitting in Luxembourg today (21st). I called apple this morning to say that I had been told it owuld be delivered today so we was going to get logistics on to it and I should have it delivered in 3 days. Yeah I will believe it when I see it.

cheers
JF

AJ
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 21, 2003, 02:28 PM

Right, there has been movement:

Shipment Picked Up
_TAIPEI, TP, TW
_19 Nov 2003 12:32

_Arrive Terminal
_LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU
_21 Nov 2003 08:42

_Depart Terminal
_LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU
_21 Nov 2003 13:33

Pretty good I thought. Given it was picked from Luxembourg today mid-day, I am half expecting it to arrive on Monday or Tuesday. I guess I got lucky wrt shipping.

tomkos123
Nov 21, 2003, 03:45 PM

sooo annoying!
i ordered on the 11th
it said it shipped on ther 19th but theres been no movement at all!
rage!

tom

arhra
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2003, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by AJ:
Right, there has been movement:

Shipment Picked Up
_TAIPEI, TP, TW
_19 Nov 2003 12:32

_Arrive Terminal
_LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU
_21 Nov 2003 08:42

_Depart Terminal
_LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU
_21 Nov 2003 13:33

Pretty good I thought. Given it was picked from Luxembourg today mid-day, I am half expecting it to arrive on Monday or Tuesday. I guess I got lucky wrt shipping.
Mine left luxembourg on thursday, and there's been no further movement yet... i suspect they're sat around in a warehouse somewhere waiting for sufficient numbers to be ready to ship them over to the uk...

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2003, 11:34 PM

Here's the sit-rep:

The total order is as follows:
14" G4 iBook with extra Ram, HD and bluetooth, aswell as a bluetooth mouse, SimCity 4 and a laptop case

05/11 - Ordered
06/11 - Building started
09/11 - Shipped
15/11 - Arrived in Eindhoven (Holland)
16/11 - Arrived in Arnhem (Holland)
17/11 - Arrived at Heathrow depot
18/11 - Out for Delivery
19/11 - Delivered back to Heathrow depot

I rang TNT to ask why it had been delivered back to the same depot it just left, and they said that Apple had addressed it incorrectly and that I would have to call Apple to sort it out.
I called Apple and they said that that was a load of crap and confirmed that it had the right address on it, and said it was delivered to IEC LOGISTIC'S depot, also in Heathrow, (or Colnbrook, as Apple describe it, even though Colnbrook is a mile and a half from Heathrow) and that it was awaiting a part of the order that had not yet arrived. They said I would get it Friday 21/11 definitely. That was two days ago. If it doesn't come tomorrow (Monday 24/11) I will scream. That will be 19 days, which seems to be about right judging by some of the other posts.

I know the delivery is "Free", but how can they have the cheek to call it EXPRESS??? I could WALK to Taiwan and back in 19 days.

Apple: Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

jivefeind
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2003, 06:58 AM

Wahey

At last my ibook and ipod are being delivered today!!! How soon can I leave work to go home and play???!

Was shipped on the 14th...only taken them 12 days!! Have to say though as soon as TNT got it there have been no problems, was even able to track it! Apple and Luxembourg seemed to be the problem. Lets hope they get it sorted out.

Cheers
JF

terkwong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2003, 04:35 AM

Oh boy...This shipping is taking ages to come through....

Ordered on 11/11 and shipped on 21/11.

Today is 27/11 morning...still yet to arrive at my doorstep...but...TNT shows it arrived in Bristol this morning...hmm...

Here's my tracking info so far...

Pick up date 25 Nov 2003
Destination Bristol
Delivery Date
Signatory
Date Time Location Status
27 Nov 2003 04:44 Bristol Import Received
27 Nov 2003 04:18 Bristol Import Received
27 Nov 2003 04:16 Bristol Import Received
27 Nov 2003 03:44 Bristol Import Received
27 Nov 2003 03:27 Bristol Import Received
27 Nov 2003 03:27 Bristol Import Received
27 Nov 2003 03:24 Bristol Import Received
27 Nov 2003 03:24 Bristol Import Received
26 Nov 2003 15:21 Northampton Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
25 Nov 2003 17:48 Eindhoven Shipped From Originating Depot
25 Nov 2003 14:12 Arnhem Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point

Oh...and forget about checking the Apple order status page...its crap...not a single date was posted on it...haiz,..

guess anyone wishing to receive iBooks before x'mas shld order now yeah? or wait tilll after Macworld SF 2004?...hmm..now that's a tough one...
1) iBook 500MHz 256 Snow - Sold
2) Power Mac G4 400MHz - Sold
3) iBook G4 800MHz 640 - Sold

Current Setup:
4) Athlon XP 2400+ 512 DIY
5) Mac Mini 1.42GHz 1GB RAM

AJ
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 27, 2003, 07:06 AM

Mine arrived on Tuesday morning, totally unexpectedly actually, as the tracking page hadn't been updated. So, it looks like I am very lucky to have received it so quickly.

Timmay
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2003, 04:30 PM

Just got an email from Apple:

"Dear Customer,

This has been an exciting year for the Apple Store, with the development of Apple's innovative range of products and a significant expansion in products from other suppliers.

Such changes have been matched by a huge increase in customer traffic and demand which we have for the most part been successfully handling. In recent months we have also been upgrading our logistics systems and network and have been encountering several implementation issues. Unfortunately, for some of our customers, this translated into a shopping experience on the Store that fell short of the standards we strive to achieve.

If you have recently experienced delays or other problems with your order, let us assure you that we are taking all the necessary steps to restore service levels as quickly as possible, putting in place improved processes and additional staff to ensure that you receive the care and attention that you deserve.

Whether or not you have been affected by the problems we have experienced, please be certain that your satisfaction as one of our customers is our highest priority and we look forward to welcoming you the next time you visit the Apple Store.

Yours faithfully

The Apple Store Team"

All is forgiven!

jmscartho
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2003, 05:25 PM

I spoke to Apple today, as I have recieved no order confirmation e-mail. The guy I spoke to said that my order was being built and everything was fine and that he'd re-send the e-mail, but I haven't recieved it! I bet he didn't even bother re-sending it!

Timmay
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2003, 05:40 PM

Originally posted by jmscartho:
I spoke to Apple today, as I have recieved no order confirmation e-mail. The guy I spoke to said that my order was being built and everything was fine and that he'd re-send the e-mail, but I haven't recieved it! I bet he didn't even bother re-sending it!
That happened to me when I ordered my emac last year.. Apple Uk's IT systems seem outdated? even the input screen to see the status of your order has OS 9 style buttons..

Is the US version of the store like that?

tomkos123
Nov 27, 2003, 06:20 PM

it just seems to get more annoying

i got told by apple that my ibook shipped on the 19th

i recieved no confirmation of this so i gave them an email to ask about it

they never returned my email and then on the 25th i got an updated confirmation page on the apple site telling me that it shipped on the 25th

at this point i emailed them again 4 times asking about my order and what the hold up was
they finally replied and gave me a shipping number

i have been tracking this order and was pleased with its progress - it was in holland this morning, BUT this afternoon it was delivered - to someone in holland,
they gave me completely the wrong shipping number

i ordered my comp on the 11th and as of now have no idea at all whats happening with it

courtesy email or not this service is terrible

tom

terkwong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2003, 09:49 PM

Hi all,

Looks like some of us aren't getting a good experience with buying a Mac from UK Apple Store Online.

I got my iBook G4 today! Yippie! Delivered in the morning by TNT.

Here's a summary to my order:

1) Ordered on 11/11
2) Shipped on 21/11
3) Tracking only started on TNT on 25/11
4) Received on 27/11

So, that means it took a total of 17 days from clicking the button to buy online to actually getting it!!!!! One thing I did not do though, I neither emailed or called them up about it. Though I checked now and then to ensure that I received the two important emails. 1) Order confirmation & 2) Shipping.

Finally, NEVER trust the order tracking page by Apple. Its not functioning at ALL.

Once you get the 10-digit tracking number, go to

http://www.tnt.com/country/en_generic.html

then enter your number as "Reference".

You shld get a results page if its been passed on to TNT.

Hope you all get your Macs soon!!!

and hope Apple Retail Store comes to Regent St soon (quote from ifoapplestore)!!

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/chronology.html

Cheers,
ter
1) iBook 500MHz 256 Snow - Sold
2) Power Mac G4 400MHz - Sold
3) iBook G4 800MHz 640 - Sold

Current Setup:
4) Athlon XP 2400+ 512 DIY
5) Mac Mini 1.42GHz 1GB RAM

KingKerouac  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 28, 2003, 04:20 AM

Yeah,
I too received the communication from Apple this morning.
I hope that this is an acceptance, on their part, that their service levels have fallen below acceptable standards, and that they are genuinely making efforts to improve.
I'm glad that they've at least acknowledged that people are unhappy.
On a happier note, my wife bought me a 40Gb iPod for my 40th birthday last week, obviously unbeknown to me.
I was amazed that she'd done it without me knowing, and asked her how long she'd had to wait for it.
'Just one day...' she said.
Naturally, she'd ordered from John Lewis and NOT The Apple Store.
A lesson for us all, I think.
Regards
KK

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2003, 07:45 PM

Wooohoooo!!!

It finally came!!!

Took a total of 22 days to get to me, but it was SOOOOOO worth it!
I love the smell of new Apple products.

Hang in there anyone still awaiting their stuff. It'll be here soon.
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

tomkos123
Dec 4, 2003, 10:47 AM

is anyone else still waiting?
its been nearly a month now...

tom

Forum Links
Forum Rules