Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Powermac Wake from Sleep Display Flashing Problem - HELP!

Powermac Wake from Sleep Display Flashing Problem - HELP!
shatten22
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2004, 07:54 PM

Hi-

My Mom has a single processor 1ghz G4 PowerMac (Mirror Doors) connected to a Samsung 173T monitor via DVI. She has been running 10.2.8 without a hitch. I just installed 10.3.5 on her system and now her computer goes all wonky after going to sleep.

When the computer is woken from sleep, it starts up right away and the display comes on, but a second later the display flashes off and then a half second later, flashes back on and continues like that - on, off, on, off. The only way to get it to stop is to restart the computer. The powermac is not sleeping during the on/off process because I can move the mouse while it's on, have it turn off, and then move it again from the same position when it's on to select shutdown from the Apple menu.

Anybody know what's going on and how to solve this?

thanks

geoff

shatten22  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2004, 07:56 PM

Oh-- the the PowerMac has the GeforceMX 400 card installed. And I have tried resetting the PRAM. Nothing. I tried calling Apple and they told me that it is a driver issue and they don't support it. I looked on Samsung's site and they don't seem to offer drivers for OSX.

if ayone knows what i can do....

thanks

-g
( Last edited by shatten22; Nov 3, 2004 at 08:18 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules