Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Fonts from OS9 apps work in OSX?

Fonts from OS9 apps work in OSX?
Nelsun
Nov 10, 2003, 02:45 PM

I did a search and I didn't come up with any insights. I want to know how to deal with fonts in OSX for Illutrator and Photoshop and MS Word. I don't use Suitcase and I never did.

I am running an old G4 Tower that has Jaguar 10.2.6. It was set up with OS9 and OSX.

I just a bought a new Powerbook 17" and as far as I can understand, it is only bootable with OSX, which is fine with me.

I tried to open an OSX Illustrator file created on the G4 tower on the Powerbook and realized the fonts I need are not on this new machine. I realized though that the G4 Tower has the fonts in the old OS9 fonts folder.

The question is how do I get those fonts into the new machine have them recognized? Is it as simple as placing fonts from the OS9 fonts folder into a folder on the new PB font folder?

Many thanks, I realize this may sound like a rather simplistic question. I know I should know this stuff.

Nelson

Wevah
Senior User
Nov 10, 2003, 03:32 PM

Just put them in ~/Library/Fonts , and they should work fine.
[Wevah setPostCount:[Wevah postCount] + 1];

Nelsun  (op)
Nov 10, 2003, 03:41 PM

Thanks! I just did it and it worked fine. Seemed too easy!

Nelson

Forum Links
Forum Rules