Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > MS Project in VPC on OSX?

MS Project in VPC on OSX?
Nelsun
Oct 29, 2004, 05:20 PM

I find myself in a new job where I need to use Microsoft Project. I do have a PC they issued me and I'm adapting to it. (first time PC user!!) My personal Powerbook is in use here too, thank goodness that Adobe makes it work both ways.

What I'd like know is if anyone has been able to use MS Project with VPC on OSX. This way I can work on Project files at home. I'm learning how to use it.

I did a search and it looks like there is not much on the Mac side for MS Project-like aplications. The option was to try to find the older version 4.0 and see how it will run in OS9 I suppose, but compatibility is an issue with my Windows colleagues.

Thanks for any insights!

Nelsun

pendragon
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2004, 05:57 PM

The highly rated FastTrack Schedule 8 may be a solution. It is compatible with MS Project. Or so the developers claim. A free demo/download is available.
http://www.aecsoftware.com/products/...ult.asp?bhcp=1
Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.10.3), iPhone 5 (iOS 8.3)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

Nelsun  (op)
Oct 31, 2004, 08:16 PM

Thanks, I'll look into that one.

No thoughts from anyone with VPC and Project?

Chris O'Brien
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 1, 2004, 08:43 AM

I have MS Project 2002 running on Windows 2000 in virtual PC 7. Just installed it this morning. So far it's been working just great on this 1GHz iBook with 768 megs of RAM.

Haven't tested it thoroughly - but it's definitely usable.
Just who are Britain? What do they? Who is them? And why?

Formerly Black Book

FL!PNEUS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2004, 08:57 AM

Originally posted by Nelsun:
I find myself in a new job where I need to use Microsoft Project. I do have a PC they issued me and I'm adapting to it. (first time PC user!!) My personal Powerbook is in use here too, thank goodness that Adobe makes it work both ways.

What I'd like know is if anyone has been able to use MS Project with VPC on OSX. This way I can work on Project files at home. I'm learning how to use it.

I did a search and it looks like there is not much on the Mac side for MS Project-like aplications. The option was to try to find the older version 4.0 and see how it will run in OS9 I suppose, but compatibility is an issue with my Windows colleagues.

Thanks for any insights!

Nelsun
I have Virtual PC 7 installed on my 1.8 GHz iMac using Windows 2000. I only have it for Project 2003 and Visio 2003 and to my surprise it's rather snappy, almost as fast as my old computer. Just make sure you have plenty of RAM and you'll be fine.
In a dream I'm a different me with a perfect you, we fit perfectly.
And for once in my life I feel complete and I still want to ruin it.

Nelsun  (op)
Nov 2, 2004, 12:22 AM

Cool, thanks for the insights regarding VPC. I'll have it running on a 1.33 ghz 17" Powerbook with 1 gig of RAM and it sounds like I'll be okay.
Thanks a lot on the feedback! It helps a lot!

Nelsun

Forum Links
Forum Rules