Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Epson Stylus Photo can't set margins in CS and Tiger

Epson Stylus Photo can't set margins in CS and Tiger
Nelsun
Jun 4, 2005, 01:39 PM

I thought I was out of luck when I got my new G5 with Tiger pre-loaded into it last week. It's my first experience with Tiger. I had been using an older G4 tower with 10.3.5 ( can't recall, but it was before 10.3.6)

The issue I think I am having, and apparently it's a problem going back to 10.3.7, is with my Epson Stylus Photo 1280. Epson does not have any drivers for their printers for anything newer then OS X 10.3.6. Or perhaps it's an issue with Adobe CS?

I use Phtoshop CS, Illustrator CS, Word, Ashlar Vellum Cobalt mainly in my work. I am so used to the older page set-up of Illustrator 10 and Photoshop on OS X 10.2.6. In there, I have the ability to control and save custom page sizes. I have a letter sized set-up where I can set the margins closer to the edge of the sheet. I have one piece of art in Illustrator where the artwork extends to 1/2 inch to the bottom of the sheet. With 10.2.7 and now Tiger, I can't do a custom margin, as far as I can tell. And on my 17" Powerbook, with OS X 10.3.7, I just noticed this issue too, but I don't print much from it.

And today, I was actually able to print from the G5 to the Epson, so there is a driver pre-loaded into Tiger it seems.

My set up is: G5 2.7ghz going to an Epson Stylus Photo. Software is OSX 10.4.1 and Adobe CS. Maybe this is a software issue and not a hardware peripheral problem?

Many thanks and I hope this was not discussed too much before.

Nelson

Forum Links
Forum Rules