Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Cannot set margins on Epson Stylus Photo 1280 printer in Tiger

Cannot set margins on Epson Stylus Photo 1280 printer in Tiger
Nelsun
Jun 8, 2005, 12:09 AM

I posted this in the Art and Design section with no replies. So I thought I'd try this thread.

I just bought a new G5 2.7 ghz with Tiger pre-loaded in it. I'm having an issue with printing where I could set the margins in the page set-up on my older G4 system. It was pre OS X 10.2.6 and I was using Illustrator 10.

My printer is an Epson Stylus Photo 1280. Epson does not have any drivers for their printers for anything newer then OS X 10.3.6.

I use Phtoshop CS, Illustrator CS, Word, Ashlar Vellum Cobalt mainly in my work. I am so used to the older page set-up of Illustrator 10 and Photoshop on OS X 10.2.6. In there, I have the ability to control and save custom page size margins. I have one letter sized document set-up where I can set the margins closer to the edge of the sheet then default. With 10.2.7 and now Tiger, I can't do a custom margin, as far as I can tell. And on my 17" Powerbook, with OS X 10.3.7, I just noticed this issue, but I don't print much from it. My work around for this particular Illustrator art document is to flip the image in Page Set-Up so the margin that's on the bottom of the page is on top, where it won't cut off the image at the bottom.

The funny thing is, on the Powerbook, I also have Illustrator 10 in there. I can set up the margin size in Illustrator 10 closer to the edge. The preview shows the margins the way I want it, but when I print from the Powerbook, the margins are as if it's defaulting and cutting off the bottom of the image!

My set up is: G5 2.7ghz going to an Epson Stylus Photo. Software is OSX 10.4.1 and Adobe CS. Maybe this is an Adobe software issue and not a hardware peripheral problem?

Many thanks and I hope this was not discussed too much before.

Nelson

Forum Links
Forum Rules