Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > TD Canada Trust banking mobile app now out for iPhone OS

TD Canada Trust banking mobile app now out for iPhone OS
Eug
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2010, 10:49 AM

TD Mobile App for iPhone

The funny part:

The page is written in Flash, so it doesn't work on the iPhone.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 14, 2010, 01:49 PM

Well isn't that bizarre. Gotta admit, though: that Flash page didn't drag my system to a crawl.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2010, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
The page is written in Flash, so it doesn't work on the iPhone.
Because you are supposed to use the iPhone app, not the website.

Oh, wait, nevermind

-t

Eug  (op)
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2010, 02:15 PM

Yeah, when I first saw that posted, I went to check it out... with my iPhone, hoping to get the download link from there. (Does that even work?) I was rather bemused to find out that you can't check out the iPhone app demo page from an iPhone.

Anyways, I'll be checking it out soon... Fortunately, that was the last major mobile banking app I needed. The three main banks I'm doing banking with now have iPhone apps.

TD already had a mobile web banking page, but it sucks on the iPhone. For some stupid reason the mobile pages render as if they're full sized internet pages (like a newspaper or whatever) and so the fonts are tiny, until you zoom in.

EDIT:

If I do a Print --> PDF in Safari on the Mac of the TD mobile page, it renders as a full sized page, with a small corner showing the mobile app. So, I guess that is what Safari on the iPhone is doing too. Whatever the reason, it makes the mobile page too bloody irritating to use on the iPhone. The TD app looks good though.

Salty
Professional Poster
May 2, 2010, 10:27 PM

Sweet I'd actually considered switching to CIBC for their apps. Glad to know I can stick with TD! Between this and my Rogers my account app, and a few others I'm pretty well set.

Forum Links
Forum Rules