Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.2.3 & disc burning

10.2.3 & disc burning
jock
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 20, 2002, 03:06 AM

Since upgrading my DVI ti book, I can't get disc a blank verbatum blank disc to mount to use disc burning. Toast 5.2 works fine, it copies the data then when you eject it and inject it it mounts no problems. When I boot into 9.2 the disc is recognised right away no problems. I have run repair permissions and rebooted loged out, but still the same results.
Any ideas

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Dec 20, 2002, 03:23 AM

Have you tested other media? (Since you specify that Verbatim didn't work.)

But this sounds to me like a simple setting: go to System Preferences -> CDs & DVDs, and see what it's set to. I'm betting it's set to "Ignore" for blank CDs.

tooki

jock  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 20, 2002, 04:04 AM

Thanks but you would have lost the bet!
I did set it from "ask what to do" to "finder" and this has cured the problem. Strange how it worked in 9, but not in X after this update.
I have found the Tibook sensitive to discs, Sanyos are out but verbatum,sony and imation all seem to work.

Forum Links
Forum Rules