Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > gigabit transferspeeds / packetsize

gigabit transferspeeds / packetsize
Faxe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2003, 11:23 PM

Hi,
anyone actually tried out gigabit ethernet on their G4�s and Ti�s, what transferspeeds do you get? I tried it once (actually quite a while ago so my memories could be foggy) and got something like 18 - 20 MB/s which is quite far away from the theoretically 100 MB/s, though my Ti�s HD would be the limiting point here.

Is it possible to change the packetsize on a MDD and Ghz Ti under OSX? I have heared that changing the packetsize could change transferrates dramatically.

any ideas?

thanks in advance

faxe

engage1000
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 15, 2003, 12:18 AM

I would be interested in knowing as well. Looking forward to more knowledge .

Oh yeah... +1 and ^bump.
I learned the hard way that you can't use vB smilies in your sig. see --> :cry:

Faxe  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2003, 08:03 PM

Originally posted by Faxe:
Hi,
anyone actually tried out gigabit ethernet on their G4�s and Ti�s, what transferspeeds do you get? I tried it once (actually quite a while ago so my memories could be foggy) and got something like 18 - 20 MB/s which is quite far away from the theoretically 100 MB/s, though my Ti�s HD would be the limiting point here.

Is it possible to change the packetsize on a MDD and Ghz Ti under OSX? I have heared that changing the packetsize could change transferrates dramatically.

any ideas?

thanks in advance

faxe
anyone?

faxe

Forum Links
Forum Rules