Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Clone compatibility?

Clone compatibility?
bggrad
Oct 15, 1999, 12:01 AM

I have a Power Computing Power 120 (in addition to my G3;-) Any news on MacOS 9 compatibility with this clone (or any others for those interested)? TIA

Daver
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 1999, 12:26 PM

That's an interesting question. I'd also like to know if OS 9 will be compatible with my Umax C600 clone.
"Show me potato salad!"

artboy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 1999, 12:56 PM

I installed beta 4 on a power computing PowerCenter 150 with a G3/300 upgrade installed 128mb RAM and it worked fine... other than the existing bugs. The voice login would crash the system, but other than that, it was fine

Eric

MacDiver
Oct 15, 1999, 12:57 PM

I've got mac OS 9 running on a PowerComputing PowerTower 180e. It works just fine.

Bartman
Oct 15, 1999, 01:13 PM

I successfuly installed MacOS 9 on a Motorola StarMax 3000. There was no problems at all. I guess because Motorola clones are the same as PowerMac 4400.
Once you put your hand in the flame you can never be the same, there's a certain satisfaction in a little bit of pain.

joshausborne
Oct 15, 1999, 04:03 PM

I have it running on a Umax c500 and a PowerTower Pro 200. It runs great on both, with no stability issues. (Version 9.0f9)

Forum Links
Forum Rules