Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Palm V and Hot Sync trouble!

Palm V and Hot Sync trouble!
Bruce Rubin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 1999, 10:22 PM

I just bought a new Palm V and wanted to hot sync with my powerbook G3 series. I downloaded the new v2.1 software and had an adapter already to that I used long ago for a PC modem which I used on my desktop machine, so I thought I would be set to connect. I set up and keep getting message that palm cannot connect to desktop. I checked the connection cable and everything is tight. I used the suggestion of lowering the Local speed to no avail. When reading the setup book I was slightly confused. It said that for the first hot sync that I needed to enter the user information on both palm and desktop. I think I did that, but can't find a section to explain that I did it properly. When firt started palm desktop, asked for my name and entered it. I used same name for owner of palm V and same for primary PC name. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules