Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > PLEASE help me out, MacNNers!

PLEASE help me out, MacNNers!
PhoenixG27
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2001, 07:47 PM

Ok, so my friend convinced me to enter a "Justin Timberlake Look Alike" contest. I personally don't think I look *that* much like the kid, but if I win this thing, I could get a really sweet trip.

I'M IN SECOND PLACE AND THE CONTEST ENDS JUNE 15TH! I NEED EVERY VOTE I CAN GET!!!

Please don't vote for anyone else but me! I'm your MAC-daddy homeslice!!

I know you are (mostly) a group of intelligent, computer-literate Mac users, so filling out ONE form of info and clicking a "vote" button is really not a big deal. PLEASE help me win!

I need people to vote for me. This is where you come in. In order to vote, you have to register with PlanetHollywood.com, but they will not send you any junk mail if you follow these instructions. PLEASE help me out with this. If I get enough of my friends voting for me, I could win this contest. Don't just delete this email out of laziness. This is really important to me! Please take 5 minutes and do this for me.

Here's what to do to help Peet win the contest(this takes very little time):
1. Go to www.planethollywood.com

2. Click the link at the top that says "Get the scoop with out free newsletter". Don't worry, you're not going to get junk mail from them if you follow these instructions.

3. On the registration page, fill out all the info, and uncheck the two boxes at the bottom so that you will not receive any mailings from them.

4. Once you register, go back to the main page, and click the picture of Justin under "Sweepstakes". And on the next page, click the link for "Britney and Justin Look-Alike Contest!"

5. On the next page, click the big blue star that says "Let's Go". On the next page, scroll down to "View and Vote Justin Contestants".

6. You should now see the punk guy who is on the main page. He doesn't deserve to win! Pull down the little box and go to picture 22....or around it. My picture number will change based on how many people vote. It'll be easy to find me. I'm blonde, I'm sitting on a rock, and I'm wearing a tight shirt that says "MITCHELL" is yellow letters. You know what I look like... I only sent this email to my friends. The title of my pic is Peet Timberlake(?). Please click the link at the bottom that says "VOTE".

Ok, you can vote once a day. THIS IS IMPORTANT!! To get right to the page, go to this URL:
http://www.g27.net

Please vote once every day! It takes no time at all... and it will make a huge difference to me. If I get a bunch of people voting once a day for me, I could actually win and that would be sick.

Pleeeease vote!!!

Thanx a lot. Y'all rock.

-Peet
"10-4. Phoenix out."

fobside
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2001, 08:36 PM

Originally posted by PhoenixG27:
<STRONG>Ok, so my friend convinced me to enter a "Justin Timberlake Look Alike" contest. I personally don't think I look *that* much like the kid, but if I win this thing, I could get a really sweet trip.

I'M IN SECOND PLACE AND THE CONTEST ENDS JUNE 15TH! I NEED EVERY VOTE I CAN GET!!!</STRONG>
as much as i dislike boy bands, what the heck...ill help out a macnn member. you seem to have been registered here longer than me so i hope its not some scam just to get votes. cool deal...hope you win.

mememe
Jun 4, 2001, 08:47 PM

I voted, hope you win, your up to #2! keep us posted
----
(Tumbler is dead)

mememe
Jun 4, 2001, 08:48 PM

oops

[ 06-04-2001: Message edited by: mememe ]
----
(Tumbler is dead)

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2001, 09:02 PM

Cute, you got my vote kid.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

fobside
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2001, 09:09 PM

i find it amazing how many people look like britney spears. i think theres more girls that look like britney spears than guys that look like justin. i think some of those girls look better than britney spears too.

PhoenixG27  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2001, 09:56 PM

Thanx y'all. Please vote EVERY day and tell your friends to do so as well!!

Just every day until June 15th.

=D I need tons of votes!! I really can win![/LIST][/LIST]
"10-4. Phoenix out."

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Jun 5, 2001, 12:22 AM

Woah, freakily scary.

Uh... I would go through that complicated procedure, but I REALLY should be studying (cramming) for tomorrow's finals...

Just so you know, you look the closest.
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

jagga
Senior User
Jun 5, 2001, 11:41 AM

Hope you win peet. Where do you get to go if you win?

capone
Forum Regular
Jun 5, 2001, 12:15 PM

I hate this type of music, but why not. I'll give it a try when i have got some time. Good Luck.

Visit MacNETv2, where you can voice all your Mac opinions freely.

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Jun 5, 2001, 12:39 PM

I have to ask, Peet: is your t-shirt an MST3K reference, or do you have no idea what I'm talking about?

"Mitchell!!"
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

PhoenixG27  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2001, 06:50 PM

Wow! You guys rock. Please make sure you vote every day!! And no, the tshirt i'm wearing isn't a MST3k reference - although I know the show, it's just a local pool staff shirt.

Get a million of your friends (or enemies) to vote for me! I could win a trip to Florida!!

=D
"10-4. Phoenix out."

fobside
Mac Elite
Jun 5, 2001, 06:53 PM

voted again...doing what i can. i didnt really look. can you tell how much youre behind by in the voting?

PhoenixG27  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2001, 09:14 PM

Nah... but the editor of the site keeps emailing me telling me that the votes are very close.
"10-4. Phoenix out."

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 6, 2001, 06:47 AM

Originally posted by Nonsuch:
<STRONG>I have to ask, Peet: is your t-shirt an MST3K reference, or do you have no idea what I'm talking about?

"Mitchell!!"</STRONG>
I know what you're talking about. I don't think I've seen it but I'm pretty sure my friend has it.

I'll have to go check out that contest thing. I will vote for whoever I think actually looks the closest. I'll edit this and letcha know my choice.

[edit]OK, I've looked at the top 5 and outta those, the guy in number one looks like Justin the most. The other 4 don't at all. You look like you should be in 2nd, 'cause the rest don't even come close. It seems that every guy with curly hair is going for it. I may as well get a perm and enter.

The Britney contest isn't any better. The girl in number 1 sucks. She doesn't look anything like her. The girl in 2 is better, and the girl in 3 is the best. Then we start getting into major suckage for look-a-likes.

If I had looked at all of them, I probably would have seen better. I feel bad for the people who just registered and are way at the end. I'm sure some of them look more like them, but are at the end and won't get voted for because people don't want to look through them all (like they should). I know I didn't want to do that.

Maybe when I think of a look-a-like, I shouldn't be looking for someone that actually looks like the original. I've seen some "twins of celebrities" type things on talk shows and those people usually DO look like 'em.

Anyway, sorry, I'm just not going to vote at all. At least my vote won't hurt you, if it can't help.

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: Xeo ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules