Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Bill Gates ripped me off $50!

Bill Gates ripped me off $50!
elppa cam
Aug 22, 2001, 04:46 PM

Yeah, that's right. How else can I say it. Bought Office 2001 and got the $50 rebate and filled it out. Then noticed a problem. There was no tear off tab that I needed to send in. I called them... they said send a copy of this and a receipt and that and this and get a copy of the manual page three, yada, yada.

Sent it in that way and they sent it back asking for the tear off. Dammit! I called them back and they said... oh you sent it to the wrong place. Send the exact same stuff to this address. Sonovabitch... they sent it back with the same damn letter. I got pissed off and sent them a nasty email stating that I realized for SOME people $50 was toilet paper... but not for me!!!

Was that over the top?

Bill... you slime... give up the $50!!!

Have a nice day.
"I... baked... your... dog... for... you..."

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Aug 22, 2001, 04:59 PM

Yeah! Make Bill cough up the dough!
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

alphamatrix
Senior User
Aug 22, 2001, 08:24 PM

Well i Don't know about gates but I happen to live on a small island with a population of 2100 according to the new york times and Paul Allen just happens to own his very own private peninsula and so maybe I could go over there and visit with my old Micro$oft budie, ya know I get to us his multi-millon dollar complex which has about 4 guest houses and all sorts of fun stuff when he's gone. i'm sure he would be happy to give you the 50 bucks you want.

alphamatrix
Senior User
Aug 22, 2001, 08:32 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot the the water trucks that come in by ferry almost every day and the big boulders they brought in that damaged our dock and that they didn't hire any local workers because they where afraid of sabotage!!!

alphamatrix
Senior User
Aug 22, 2001, 08:36 PM

Oh no, i've said too much!!! they know where i live!!! N 4832.421' W 12255.038'!!!!!!!!!

MikeM32
Banned
Location: "Joisey" Home of the "Guido" and chicks with "Big Hair"
Aug 22, 2001, 11:01 PM

You should make 'em cough-up for all the postage from all these mailings too

Those greedy bastards

Mike

elppa cam  (op)
Aug 23, 2001, 12:03 AM

<snif> Thanks for the love, man. Can you guys get Kate to come visit me? <snif> It might... help...
"I... baked... your... dog... for... you..."

Forum Links
Forum Rules