Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Gone in a flash in Soho...

Gone in a flash in Soho...
zakmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2005, 11:56 AM

You can imagine my dismay when I called the Apple Store Soho in NYC this morning and was told "sorry, we had some yesterday buy they sold out," and "no, I don't know when we'll be getting any more." Of course, the real subject of my disappointment is that I called yesterday and was told they didn't have any and there were none arriving because of the holiday. As Maxwell Smart used to say, "Missed it by that much!"

I guess I'll have to order it online, unless any of the other NYC Apple resellers are gonna have them in the next few weeks.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jan 18, 2005, 01:38 PM

Same thing happened to me... "We don't have any, but Tyson's does..."

Drove to Tyson's... nothing.

KP*
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 20, 2005, 12:29 AM

Have you tried J&R? I went to the Soho store the day the 3G iPods came out and they were already sold out. One of the employees suggested I try J&R as they supposedly still had some. I walked out of the store and immediately called J&R and sure enough they had a few 15GB left. I told them I'd be there in less than a half hour and they held one for me. I don't know if they got any Shuffles but it might be worth a try.

ohbalto
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2005, 08:54 AM

Originally posted by KP*:
Have you tried J&R? I went to the Soho store the day the 3G iPods came out and they were already sold out. One of the employees suggested I try J&R as they supposedly still had some. I walked out of the store and immediately called J&R and sure enough they had a few 15GB left. I told them I'd be there in less than a half hour and they held one for me. I don't know if they got any Shuffles but it might be worth a try.
Hey, cool. If they have a couple of those, "15GB" Shuffles there, pick up a few for me, would you?

dwood
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2005, 11:45 AM

ya unless your on a list it'll be tough getting from the stores. they are saying a couple weeks before they can get through their lists
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5/100gb/768/SD/APX
MacMini goodness... want one? http://tinyurl.com/4dww8

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Jan 21, 2005, 12:38 PM

Take a look in Tekserve on 23rd street (between 6th and 7th ave), too

"I start fires!"

gomariners
Jan 21, 2005, 12:43 PM

Anyone have a clue where I could get an armband (preferably downtown, but I could handle going as far as 42nd, or even farther if I _had_ to ). My shuffle arrived, but my armband isn't slated to ship until March 7!!!!!

maxintosh
Mac Elite
Jan 21, 2005, 02:35 PM

Originally posted by gomariners:
My shuffle arrived, but my armband isn't slated to ship until March 7!!!!!

My iPod shuffle hasn't shipped yet... I ordered it the day they came out.

gomariners
Jan 21, 2005, 04:54 PM

Originally posted by maxintosh:

My iPod shuffle hasn't shipped yet... I ordered it the day they came out.
I ordered mine the day they came out, too. As soon as the servers stopped telling me the apple store was unavailable. I'm sure yours will come, too - only took 2 days shipped from Ontario!

hyperlucid
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2005, 01:45 PM

Far as I can tell, no one has the armdbands or the sportcases yet (at least that's what they told me at the NYC store). If anyone hears otherwise, please post.

If they did get more shuffles in by Saturday (at the soho store), they were all gone by 11:30. I walked in to pick up iLife 05 with my 1 gig shuffle dangling around my neck and saw many people staring longingly at it.

parkds
Forum Regular
Jan 24, 2005, 10:00 PM

What time did you show up at Soho to get a 1Gb? I was down there at 9:15am and they didn't have any!

Forum Links
Forum Rules