Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > DARN SONY TO HECK! Frick I Hate That Company!

DARN SONY TO HECK! Frick I Hate That Company! (Page 3)
Kevin
Baninated
Sep 19, 2005, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Randman
I think you're wrong on this one Kev. I don't think he meant it in a humorous way at first, but tried to backtrack on it so he wouldn't seem so doofy. Uhh, dorky.
This isn't the first time this "cussing" discussion has been had between analog and salty.A few recently popped up before this one.

I am sure salty is just ribbing the guy as a joke.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2005, 09:13 AM

I meant Salty.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 19, 2005, 09:14 AM

I meant Salty.
I realize what I wrote at first was worded poorely so I edited it. I was talking about Salty as well.

Analag has recently taken up the habit of berating salty anytime he "cusses improperly" because analag claims it gets under his skin and really ticks him off.

Salty is doing it on purpose.

Notice throughout the whole post he makes, not once did it happen.

Salty does need to stop looking for attention though.

The Milkman
Forum Regular
Sep 19, 2005, 09:21 AM

From Slashdot:
Switchfoot's new album Nothing Is Sound shipped from Sony with copy protection software on the CD, much to the dismay of thousands of iPod-wielding fans. The band posted a response on their official forum apologizing for the protection and detailing ways to circumvent the protection and rip their songs to PC. Switchfoot linked to open-source program CDex's download page with instructions on disabling the autorunning protection and ripping the files to MP3. Many of Switchfoot's fans have been upset by the copy protection measures, and it's nice to know the artists seem to care about the issue.
Link to article
Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.
Oscar Wilde

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2005, 09:23 AM

Salty, you post with such kindness, your future parish is so lucky.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2005, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy
Although, if I remember correctly from the pix thread David is kinda big and stocky. I wonder if SWG is into "Bears"?

Originally Posted by Kevin
I thought "Bears" had to be hairy too?
Why do you ask? Is Salty not hairy? And if so, how do you know?
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

zoroaster68
Baninated
Sep 19, 2005, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
News flash people, the darn something to heck, is a commonly used Christian joke. Least up here anyway, it plays off the fact that people use those sorts of words instead of using what they actually mean. Way to be redundant.
And quite frankly I'm happy with my paragraph usage.

By the way apparently Rev D iMacs can read the Audio section of a DualDisc but PowerBooks can't... whatever, I got the tracks now, and I'll probably never buy a DualDisc again... fortunately Switchfoot is the only artist I like that's signed to Sony.
I think you should just pray to jesus or god and ask them to let your powerbook play the audio CD side, and see how well that works out. If god truly cares about you he'll fix it somehow. If he doesn't exist, nothing will happen.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2005, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by zoroaster68
I think you should just pray to jesus or god and ask them to let your powerbook play the audio CD side, and see how well that works out. If god truly cares about you he'll fix it somehow. If he doesn't exist, nothing will happen.
Because I like to see what nick you'll come up with next (and quite frankly, your having the same nick for more than about three weeks would seriously upset the order of the Universe), I keep praying that you'll get banned. And hey presto, it works. Therefore, God exists.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

zoroaster68
Baninated
Sep 19, 2005, 09:44 AM

Kinda like how last night I prayed the sun would come up this morning, and therefore in this sunny raining morning I now have indisputable proof that the God "Zandorf the 14th" who is covered in purple fur really exists and cares about me.

Warung
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2005, 09:45 AM

Is Salty not hairy?
No, he's salty,(and bitter...)

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 19, 2005, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by zoroaster68
You make asinine posts like this, then whine and pout when you get banned.

Get. A. Clue.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2005, 10:33 AM

And you may believe in A God, but it's not the Christian one.
Three fingers pointing back at you. Can you prove it's not the other way round, or are you just blowing hot air?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 19, 2005, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
Three fingers pointing back at you. Can you prove it's not the other way round, or are you just blowing hot air?
easily, one only has to look at the CHRISTIAN Bible that TEACHES Christianity to show that those things he claims HIS God doesn't care about simply doesn't correlate to what the Christian God teaches.

He may believe in A God, But it isn't the CHRISTIAN one the Bible speaks of.

You can't be a Christian and say "Well I don't believe in the 10 commandments"

That would be silly.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2005, 11:20 AM

You can't be a Christian and say "Well I don't believe in the 10 commandments"

That would be silly.
No. I consider myself Christian but I have problems with some of the commandments. I'd say you only need two: Thou shalt try not to kill and thou shalt always be honest and faithful (props to G. Carlin).

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2005, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by loki74
I'm finding this entire thread rather... not cool. What's with the Baby Jesus masturbating thing?? Seems to me that's quite... well blatantly offensive??
He has issues, something about being sodomized by the Dali Lama, and now he hates all religious figures. Strange, but true.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2005, 12:10 PM

Although, if I remember correctly from the pix thread David is kinda big and stocky. I wonder if SWG is into "Bears"?
I most definitely am not. Blech

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2005, 12:19 PM

Oh my. There goes the Zimph and Kilbey crew, denouncing christians just because you don't see 100% eye to eye with them.

Start a cult or something, you get more followers that way.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2005, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by kmkkid
Oh my. There goes the Zimph and Kilbey crew, denouncing christians just because you don't see 100% eye to eye with them.

Ignore lists are wonderful.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2005, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
Ignore lists are wonderful.

Been there done that. Realized there's no use because they ALWAYS get quoted for the idiotic things they say, or switch names, so once again, no use.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2005, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by MacNStein
He has issues, something about being sodomized by the Dali Lama, and now he hates all religious figures. Strange, but true.
wha?

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 19, 2005, 12:40 PM

No. I consider myself Christian but I have problems with some of the commandments. I'd say you only need two
Christianity is following the ways and commandments. You can't pick and choose which one you think wont cramp your lifestyle.

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 19, 2005, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by kmkkid

No, if one doesn't believe in the teachings of Christ, then one in not a Christian. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. It is what Christianity is BASED ON.

Why would I need to do such a silly thing?

BTW I see the usual handful of haters in this thread.

Typical

Sad when even something as simple as a CD discussion can't get discussed without the anti-Christian zealots attacking.

Sad even.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2005, 12:44 PM

Secondly. your posts do come off as arrogant. Notice that it's YOUR God, YOUR Lord, No one else's. Is that what you preach? If so, you should try reading and comprehending the Bible rather than just memorizing quotes from it.
Randman, I think you're being unfair to SC in at least one respect. Simply because he references "his" God does not mean it's too the exclusion of anyone else. Jews, as a parallel example, constantly and from the earliest liturgy, invoke a first person relationship with the L-rd, using the adjectives "your" and "our" G-d.

Now can someone tell me how this thread so easily diverged from the topic of copy protection to religion? I read earlier in the thread that the group in question was a former religious band, so I guess that's the way the conversation went off track. Anyway, according to the band's forum post on Sony Music, they are deeply apologetic over the copy protection; they offer work-arounds. Interestingly, they make the following claim:

A) If you're a mac user, or you have access to a mac, or you purchased the dual disc, you should have no problems... simply import the songs the same way as you always do.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

paul w
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2005, 12:48 PM

no use arguing with Kevin, as he's always right and he always wins.

written words on this forum are ever so powerful.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2005, 12:50 PM

This isn't the first time this "cussing" discussion has been had between analog and salty.A few recently popped up before this one.

I am sure salty is just ribbing the guy as a joke.
Actually, I'm quite certain that I've never had this discussion with him before. I've had a similar spat with, I believe, greenamp, and Kilbey was in there throwing peanuts from the sidelines, as well, but not Salty.

I could be wrong, though.

And, quite frankly, putting that in the title as bait for other members of the forum is something that seems *completely* out of character for Salty.

But hey, I could be wrong again.

I guess.

jlfspook
Sep 19, 2005, 12:58 PM

I don't post in the forums often, but man, I'm really getting tired of this whole resident God Squad we have going on here at MacNN.

You guys really, really need to chill out. I don't know if it's because I was raised Catholic (non-practicing/agnostic/borderline atheist now; I did, however, have to study this stuff a lot while in school), but you guys take this whole "religion thing" way too seriously.

Kevin, if Christians are supposed to follow the teachings of Christ, which, in my opinion, are most apparent in the New Testament, why don't you simply turn the other cheek and ignore those that "attack" you and your bretheren? Your Christian theology is also lacking, IMO. You can clearly see in the New Testament that Jesus doesn't care much about the Ten Commandments. He extols his would-be followers to adhere to just one rule: love God above all other things and your neighbor as much as you love yourself.

I don't recall who said what, because it gets confusing in all of the back and forth, but who are you to say who/what God is? Who gave you such a handle on Divine Truth? I would PRAY to be on His side, not the other way. I feel that many Christians turn their religion into a sort of Self Help program that validates their existence, cheapening a beautiful thing (see Purpose Driven Life, Powerpoint Presentations, Mega Churches, Dr. Phil, etc...). They want to feel "special" and thus claim that God (their God) is on their side and that their motivations/intentions/actions are above reproach. IMO, that is the HEIGHT of arrogance. How can you, in all honesty, proclaim to know what God all-mighty, all-powerful and all-knowing wants?

No human-being has a BatPhone to God/Jesus.

And, please, Christians haven't been persecuted in a long, long time. Christians get a lot of flack (a lot of it not necessarily deserved) because they're always in people's business. When people start throwing you guys to the lions, gimme a call. God doesn't need your help berating someone because he said that Baby Jesus masturbates. If in fact there is a God, and if in fact He cares over such purile things, He will deal with the situation accordingly when the time comes.

In the meantime, leave well-enough alone.

Oh, and as an outside observer, I'm sorry, but Salty/Super Chicken/God's Shadow on Earth comes across as a huge asshole most of the time. He seems to be really full of himself and not full enough of Jesus, as he claims to be.
( Last edited by jlfspook; Sep 19, 2005 at 01:05 PM. )

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2005, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by jlfspook
I don't post in the forums often, but man, I'm really getting tired of this whole resident God Squad we have going on here at MacNN.

You guys really, really need to chill out. I don't know if it's because I was raised Catholic (non-practicing/agnostic/borderline atheist now; I did, however, have to study this stuff a lot while in school), but you guys take this whole "religion thing" way too seriously.

Kevin, if Christians are supposed to follow the teachings of Christ, which, in my opinion, are most apparent in the New Testament, why don't you simply turn the other cheek and ignore those that "attack" you and your bretheren? Your Christian theology is also lacking, IMO. You can clearly see in the New Testament that Jesus doesn't care much about the Ten Commandments. He extols his would-be followers to adhere to just one rule: love God above all other things and your neighbor as much as you love yourself.

I don't recall who said what, because it gets confusing in all of the back and forth, but who are you to say who/what God is? Who gave you such a handle on Divine Truth? I would PRAY to be on His side, not the other way. I feel that many Christians turn their religion into a sort of Self Help program that validates their existence, cheapening a beautiful thing (see Purpose Driven Life, Powerpoint Presentations, Mega Churches, Dr. Phil, etc...). They want to feel "special" and thus claim that God (their God) is on their side and that their motivations/intentions/actions are above reproach. IMO, that is the HEIGHT of arrogance. How can you, in all honesty, proclaim to know what God all-mighty, all-powerful and all-knowing wants?

No human-being has a BatPhone to God/Jesus.

And, please, Christians haven't been persecuted in a long, long time. Christians get a lot of flack (a lot of it not necessarily deserved) because they're always in people's business. When people start throwing you guys to the lions, gimme a call. God doesn't need your help berating someone because he said that Baby Jesus masturbates. If in fact there is a God, and if in fact He cares over such purile things, He will deal with the situation accordingly when the time comes.

In the meantime, leave well-enough alone.

Oh, and as an outside observer, I'm sorry, but Salty/Super Chicken/God's Shadow on Earth comes across as a huge asshole most of the time. He seems to be really full of himself and not full enough of Jesus, as he claims to be.

The only person who can judge whether a person is a true Christian or not, is God. As far as I'm concerned if you believe in the Lord Almighty and believe Jesus died for your sins, you are a christian, nevermind the mostly useless bible crap.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 19, 2005, 01:11 PM

Are we done yet?
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules