Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9 + Language Kit deinstall, help!

OS 9 + Language Kit deinstall, help!
atomiks
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2000, 07:14 PM

Sys. Config:
*G4 OS9.0.2, 128MB RAM

I installed the Japanese language kit that was on one of my system CD's to give it a whirl. It installed several items, both for Japanese entry, as well as stuff for Unicode entry. After giving it the whirl, I de-installed the Japanese l.k., and noticed that some of the Unicode stuff was still there, specifically keyboard layouts called Extended Roman (U) and Unicode Hex something.

I was able to remove the Unicode Hex layout as it was sitting in my System file, but for the life of me, I can't find the file for Extended Roman (U). It appears in the Keyboard menu in my menu bar, but always as grayed out. In the Keyboard Control Panel, in addition to Roman Script system, I also have Unicode, with the Extended Roman (U) having a check mark in its box, and grayed out.

Short of re-installing my OS, how can I remove this annoyance?

TIA!
Atomiks

Forum Links
Forum Rules