Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Medal of Honor DVD and 1.14 Patch

Medal of Honor DVD and 1.14 Patch
winjer2k
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2004, 09:07 PM

So, I have owned MOHAA for PC since it came out. I haven't used my PC for many months now, but my coworkers asked if I'd like to play some MOHAA with them tonight. My PC is currently unformatted without a working CD drive, so I decided to just buy MOHAA for my PowerBook. I got the Deluxe Edition DVD with MOHAA 1.11 and Spearhead. I played the game without any problems both online and off. Then I tried logging into my coworker's server.

My coworker who's running the server has vanilla MOHAA. With his game patched, my computer would say it can't log into his server because his game is an older version. When he logs into my machine, it says my game is an older version. Go figure!

So, I downloaded the 1.14 patch for Mac and installed. Now, it's telling me to insert MOHAA CD 1, or it won't play. The thing is, I have the DVD inserted (which is named "Medal of Honor CD 1"), yet it refuses to accept that I have the actual CD. Hooray for copy protection!

I can't find anything via Google search, or searching these forums. Any ideas? I sent a support message to Aspyr. Hopefully it's user error, cuz I really don't want to wait for them to patch the patch.

This same thing happened to me with MechCommander 2 and WinXP! So annoying!

winjer2k  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2004, 04:43 PM

I got an email from Aspyr's support on the issue:

"You dont need the update for the deluxe edition. I would trash the game and then reinstall, without adding the update. Its asking for the cd because the 1.14 patch is intendeed for the regular version only."

Forum Links
Forum Rules