Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Hardware Hacking > front usb on a quicksilver?

front usb on a quicksilver?
suprz
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2007, 01:01 PM

has anyone ever tried this hack? i am not talking about the "geethree" multiport. i am talking about USB 2.0 in the front using a existing USB 2.0 front port for any pc. I was thinking about getting one, and just plugging that into a USB 2.0 card using the INTERNAL usb slot on the PCI card that alot of them seem to have.
"The only time that man gets to actually leave a physical mark upon this earth is in death, and even then, it is only a gravestone proclaiming his demise"

ajprice
Professional Poster
Nov 19, 2007, 06:48 PM

Like one of these?

Would have thought it would work if you have a USB 2 card with an internal port, just have to make sure the ports line up with the panel on the casing. Though you could always take a dremel to it if looks aren't too important.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

suprz  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 20, 2007, 11:02 AM

that is what i had in mind. as long as it has a male usb plug on the end of the cable. alittle modification with a dremel tool would be warranted, and not a problem. i could probably make it so i could close the second drive door when not in use. I just hate the fact that the second bay on the quicksilver is empty.
"The only time that man gets to actually leave a physical mark upon this earth is in death, and even then, it is only a gravestone proclaiming his demise"

Forum Links
Forum Rules