Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod Touch jumps tracks

iPod Touch jumps tracks
evyoung
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 10, 2010, 05:33 PM

My iPod Touch jumps tracks while playing an album (not shuffled). I paid close attention yesterday, and saw it go from track 5 to track 14 (the last track) of a classical music album. Earlier it seemed that it when I stopped playing a different album and then resumed a few days later, it played again what it had already played, but I can't be absolutely sure. I'm convinced there is a problem and not only with the one album.

Any solutions? Should I just erase and start over?

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 21, 2010, 09:30 PM

Do you have "shake to shuffle" enabled in the ipod settings?
"Mac Daddy" - 15" MBP, 2.2 GHz Core i7, 8GB, 750GB HDD
"Mommy Mac" - 13" Macbook, 2.4GHz C2D, 2GB, 160GB
"Baby Mac" - 15" PB, 1.5GHz, 1.5GB, 80GB
64GB iPod Touch (4th gen)

evyoung  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2010, 09:37 PM

Amazing! I didn't even know there was such a thing. I checked the settings and shake to shuffle was ON. Meanwhile I had reset the iPod about a week ago and that seemed to solve the problem. Shake to shuffle is now OFF.

Thanks for your help.

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 21, 2010, 10:00 PM

No problem - hope it helps (although it might be hard to tell if it did, since the resets might have fixed it). Did you try to duplicate the issue with the Shake to Shuffle option set to "ON"?
"Mac Daddy" - 15" MBP, 2.2 GHz Core i7, 8GB, 750GB HDD
"Mommy Mac" - 13" Macbook, 2.4GHz C2D, 2GB, 160GB
"Baby Mac" - 15" PB, 1.5GHz, 1.5GB, 80GB
64GB iPod Touch (4th gen)

evyoung  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 22, 2010, 02:29 AM

I'm going to leave shake to shuffle off. My preference is for classical music and I have no use for shake and shuffle. I feel fairly confident that you identified the problem. The thing that bothers me is that there seem to be lots of hidden features that the user is not warned about. But the iPod Touch has been invaluable to me both for music and for the PDA features. I wouldn't be without it.

Again, thanks for your help.

Forum Links
Forum Rules