Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Halo Easter Eggs

Halo Easter Eggs
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2003, 08:19 AM

Well, I have found a few.

Warning: Spoilers below this line!!!
-----------------------------

Well, I beat the game on legendary. Whereas before it took me just under 2 days, this took me a good long week. Oh man, but it was fun.

Anyway, I found a few easter eggs along the way.

1. If you beat the game on legendary (or just the last level), you get to see an enhanced ending sequence. Basically it's got an extra humorous scene akan to the Warcraft III scene where the Human and Orc get wasted by that monster.

2. Also, in the last level, go into some of the tunnels, you might find guys in there that have stupid things to say. One really likes meat apparently, or something along those lines. (For sure, the one just after Echo something gets shot down)

Anyone found any others?

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 28, 2003, 04:49 PM

The Marathon Logo is all over...

-Owl

HotSoup
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 29, 2003, 01:11 PM

I remembered that too! I was wondering about that. But I forgot that bungie made marathon.

bewebste
Senior User
Dec 29, 2003, 03:41 PM

I noticed that on the ammo for the rocket launcher in Halo, you can see the letters "SPNKR", which was the model for the rocket launcher in Marathon too. It's an acronym for something or other (Self Propelled ? ? Rocket).

I also like how the grunts yell "They're everywhere!". Brings back memories...

RevEvs
Mac Elite
Dec 29, 2003, 03:50 PM

Yeah there are loads of marathon things everywhere. The main logo on the menu screen is the marathon logo, Captin keys has the marathon logo on his chest. This is just the next incarnation of Marathon

revs
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

lenox
Senior User
Dec 29, 2003, 04:14 PM

A lot of the themes carry on from marathon as well. Check out the name of the armor suit you wear, same class as the one you wear in marathon. Cordana is (speculated to be) not just a ship's AI, but a rampant AI (which, if you remember, is a big theme in the marathon series).

marathon story page with halo info as well

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Dec 29, 2003, 04:52 PM

I felt a little Myth 2 reminiscence in there, too, with the Covenant, Library, and the exploding Flood creatures. My first thought: "Sh�T, WIGHTS!"

calamar1
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2003, 05:28 PM

The Cap'n's nametag also says 'Hello My Name Is' in addition to simply 'KEYES'. Look on bungie.org for more...

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 29, 2003, 09:48 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
I felt a little Myth 2 reminiscence in there, too, with the Covenant, Library, and the exploding Flood creatures. My first thought: "Sh�T, WIGHTS!"
Same here!!

-Owl

misc
Dec 30, 2003, 06:03 PM

On one of the levels, not sure which one, but if you fly someplace it will start playing the marathon theme music.

And during the last level when you have to race to get picked up if you make a right turn at around 920 meters away and then turn right again there is a grunt talking about how it wants the nipples on the mother ship, or something to that effect.

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

capuchin
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2003, 12:45 PM

On the first level, just as you leave the bridge after Keyes gives you your first weapon (pistol), you'll see a noticeboard right ahead of you. Walk out of the bridge area until the pistol is enabled (right before you meet the first three grunts), then back again to the noticeboard. Zoom in with the pistol to read the notices on the board. Lotsa fun.
All opinions are entirely those of my employer. It's not my fault.

UNTeMac
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2004, 04:40 AM

Originally posted by misc:
On one of the levels, not sure which one, but if you fly someplace it will start playing the marathon theme music.
http://halot.bungie.org/tipsntricks/eggs.html

3/4th's of the way down...
"This show is filmed before a live studio audience as soon as someone removes that dead guy!" - Stephen Colbert

malarkyout
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 3, 2004, 12:23 AM

Originally posted by bewebste:
I noticed that on the ammo for the rocket launcher in Halo, you can see the letters "SPNKR", which was the model for the rocket launcher in Marathon too. It's an acronym for something or other (Self Propelled ? ? Rocket).

I also like how the grunts yell "They're everywhere!". Brings back memories...

Alot of the names for the weapons carry over, but I don't think they stand for something because

Zeus-Class Fusion Pistol
Zeus had control of lightning

WSTE-M Combat Shotgun
Waste Them

TOZT-7 Backpack Napalm Unit
Toast (A.K.A. burn them)

SPNKR-X18 SSM Launcher
Spanker

I think they were just supposed to be humorous with the names back in Marathon, and now some of them carried over.
***TRANSPORT WHEN READY***

If you want to see some cool stuff there is a site some on the internet that shows all the spots that are you aren't supposed to get to, along with multiplayer maps in which people got 3 Scorpions up on top of the base on Blood Gulch. Perhaps the best is the movie of them blowing up a stockpile of grenades and stuff right underneath a warthog and blowing it SO high that he could barely track it with the sniper rifle zoom all the way in.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jan 3, 2004, 03:22 AM

Play "Pillar Of Autumn" on Legendary. Run through the shield test station. Stand on top of the big pile of barrel things in the back corner of the room for ten seconds. Run out the door and get to the bridge. Shoot the captain to get a squad of invincible marines to come after you. Run past the marines (this is the hard part) and into the door on the right side (the left side has the exit, which has been closed off). If you did everything right, there should be a door on the right side that you can go in. The marines won't follow you in. Once in the room, you can look around and on the ceiling, there's a heart, painted in blood, with an "M" made of bullet holes. This is a tribute to the girlfriend (named Meg) of one of the level designers.

Also, Keyes' nametag says "Hello My Name Keyes," omitting the "is."

You can hear the Siege Of Madrigal music from Myth if you fly to the second of three sections on a tall pillar at the end of Attack On The Control Room. You have to land near the edge and get out of the Banshee to hear the music.

Yes I have played way too much . But on the XBox. The Mac/PC version is crap by comparison.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jan 3, 2004, 05:09 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Ah, the good old days!
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Forum Links
Forum Rules