Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Any way to get rid of the "Library Loans" calendar?

Any way to get rid of the "Library Loans" calendar?
:haripu:
Dedicated MacNNer
May 30, 2006, 07:53 AM

While I like to keep track of who of my friends has borrowed which CD from me, I do not need or want to have deadlines for their return. But this annoying Library Loans calendar keeps popping up in my iCal as soon as I mark another item as loaned, and is synced to my mobile and other computers when I forget to turn that off.

I don't want that. My iCal is for business-stuff not completely irrelevant deadlines.
I've even gone as far as not to mark my CDs as loaned because I find it that annoying, which makes DL a lot less useful than it used to be.

Does anybody know how to switch that off?

foodog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2006, 10:29 PM

Delicious Library asks permission to use iCal when you first start using it. If you deny it permission, it won't do it. If you've granted permission, but regret it, you can reset your sync preferences, as outlined on our web site.

-Mike

:haripu:  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 3, 2006, 04:14 AM

thanks for your help. it - kind of - works now (although I wasn't promted for permission again and don't remember I ever was before).

It would be nice if you could include this into the application preferences, so one doesn't have to reset all the sync preferences.

aged
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 3, 2006, 09:25 PM

I thought using the iSync permission method was a bit broad so I looked for the specific DL permission. There is a file:

/Users/"your account"/Library/Application\ Support/SyncServices/Local/clientdata/"obscure directory"/clientname.txt

which can tell you which "obscure directory" corresponds to DL. I removed that directory, logged out/in, and then was able to remove the iCal library without any complaints. Checking out more items in DL did not recreate the iCal library. To be honest, I did not check this without first logging out/in so that step may be optional

I did not see the DL preference question panel again, so this may have been irreversible.

Forum Links
Forum Rules