Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > What's the word on DL2?

What's the word on DL2?
Macint_sh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 24, 2006, 11:57 PM

Haven't heard any updates for a while. Last time I read it was in limited public beta testing stage. This was a few months ago if my memory serves me correct.

I'm dying to know what's new.

I'm as excited as the initial release.

Will we be seeing DL2 as a contender at the WWDC Design Awards?

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 26, 2006, 05:16 PM

Will DL2 be a contender at the WWDC Design Awards? You bet!

That is to say, WWDC 2007.

As Conan O'Brien would say, this release has, legally, too many new features, not to mention some major architecture changes, and a level of polish normally seen only in baseball stadiums.

Plus, we have to see what new treats Leopard brings. Mmm, sweet Leopardy goodness.

I wish Apple would name their operating systems after delicious snack foods so it wouldn't sound so weird when I drool over them.

Anyway, we haven't gone beta yet. We haven't even really gone alpha yet. It's going to be Fall before DL2 sees the light of day.

Feynman
Forum Regular
Feb 28, 2007, 04:48 PM

Any chance we can see a few screen shots or induldge us with some words of wisdom of how development is coming?

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 1, 2007, 02:41 PM

Development is going well. Since this thread was born, we've decided to go Leopard-only, so that changed the flavor of development a lot, and also presented a whole slew of new challenges. I believe Wil likened it to performing surgery on a patient who is not only awake but actively slapping your hands away. I'd say so.

Stevie D.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2007, 10:52 PM

I just got with the program and really dig the app. I'm fixin on upgrading to Leopard soon after it released. Will there be any kind of discount to switch from DL1 to DL2. And if not how much will the app. be? Do I need to shell out another 40 clams in a few months? Because you know you gotta sweet program and we're all going to want the new shiny version as soon as its released.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 10, 2007, 04:28 PM

Final pricing structure has not been set, but you can rest assured there will be an upgrade discount.

hmurchison2001
Senior User
Mar 10, 2007, 11:16 PM

Took advantage of Mac Heist to get DL1.

Definitely going to upgrade this one to DL2 and then I'll import as many of my Books/CD/DVD/HD DVD that I can.

Leopard only is great. I know it'll suck for people that slowly move to new versions of OS but the coolness that Core Animation can bring to DL2 is worth it.

Might you guys be working on a second app besides DL2 or is this your only "baby" right now?
http://hmurchison.blogspot.com/ highly opinionated ramblings free of charge :)

weldon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2007, 09:46 PM

It seems like Wil Shipley is dropping hints about DL2 being finished.

I, for one, can't wait. I'm pretty sure I'll upgrade the first day because I love the app. I'm not sure I need it with LibraryThing and Listal out there, but I still like the software and the developers.

Feynman
Forum Regular
Mar 13, 2007, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by weldon View Post
It seems like Wil Shipley is dropping hints about DL2 being finished.

I, for one, can't wait. I'm pretty sure I'll upgrade the first day because I love the app. I'm not sure I need it with LibraryThing and Listal out there, but I still like the software and the developers.
Shipley dropped a innocuous comment that Delicious Library 2 is included in the TED swag bag.
So if you guys are done, are you just waiting for Leopard to come out to give up the details?

Forum Links
Forum Rules