Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > iSync, Sony Clie, Advice!!

iSync, Sony Clie, Advice!!
davcomp
Sep 30, 2002, 05:56 PM

Hey all,

I have a Casio EM-500 and PocketMac. It works fine for syncing with entourage, but I want something that is compatible with iSync. So, I would like to buy a Palm, however I feel only a sony clie would be able to more closely replace my Casio than a Palm. I like to be able to listen to MP3's from it, pictures, etc. Only question is, will the Clie (particularly the 665) work with iSync? I know I would have to buy the MissingSync, that is fine... But will it work with iSync still?
Drew - GO BOILERS!
http://www.davcomp.com/

Pauline
Sep 30, 2002, 08:19 PM

I have the Sony Clie NRV70 and use iSync with it everyday now. It's worked falwlessy with no errors or problems while syncing.
Powerbook G4 1Ghz | 1 GB Ram | 60 GB

Keda
Senior User
Oct 2, 2002, 06:46 PM

Im planning on getting my GF one 2moro as a B-day present. MacMall says the Clie is PC only. Why does it say this. are there limitations when using a Clie and a Mac?

mycatsnameis
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 3, 2002, 12:44 AM

Two days ago I was wondering exactly the same things.

Last night I bought a T615 and it works flawlessly with iSync and Hot Sync Manager (the only part of the Palm Desktop manager that you need to install). I am using iCal and AddressBook. I cna't speak to Entourage b/c although I use it for mail, I don't like (and don't use) the calender in it.

I was a complete Palm neophyte until last night and now I'm syncing (and installing apps from the "Windows-only" CD that Sony provided) with no difficulty.

All you have to do is install HSM and then iSync. Follow the instructions for doing a Palm Hot Sync in the iSync Help menu (plus you obviously have to RTFM that comes with your Clie) and you won't have any trouble.

FWIW, from what I read you could use Hot Sync Manager under OS X alone with no need for "The Missing Sync" all along.

catman

Forum Links
Forum Rules