Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Burning 10.1 ?

Burning 10.1 ?
electroJerm
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2001, 06:53 AM

Hopefully this question doesn't violate the MacNN rules: I obtained a copy of the 10.1 Updater (which is distributed by Apple FREE to users) in .dmg format. The instructions I got at the same time were to convert it into a CDR format before burning it with toast (supposedly using a new version of Disk Copy to convert). My 9.2.1 version of Disk Copy wont allow me to do this, so I just ignored the format thing, burned it, and upon startup from the disk for installation, got a kernal panic regarding the debugger (i think... i don't know how to interpret the various kernal panic messages). Any suggestions/info on how I can work around this?
My name is Jeremy Cogan, and my thoughts are here: JeremyCogan.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules