Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 15" 1.5Ghz External Display Issues

15" 1.5Ghz External Display Issues
davcomp
May 25, 2004, 11:15 PM

I am having a prolem with my new Al 15" 1.5Ghz powerbook and my external 17" display. On the 17" there is a weird "white haze" around the text. Almost like the text in the menu for example has a white drop shadow. It isn't noticable at first but it really starts wearing on my eyes. I plugged it back in to my old 15" TiBook and it was fine again. I've never had to install any drivers and toying with ColorSync and SuperCal had no effect... Any other ideas?
Drew - GO BOILERS!
http://www.davcomp.com/

TonTaub
Forum Regular
Location: Sitting in a Viennese Cafe and drinking my Melange.
May 26, 2004, 04:09 AM

Hi,

what display is that?
LCD, CRT? If LCD, connected digitally or analogue?

Michael.
May 19th 2004: Switching Day! ( AlBook.G4/1,5GHz/768MB/80GB.5400rpm/128MB.VRAM/Superdrive/10.3.9 )
ok, that is history! :-)

davcomp  (op)
May 26, 2004, 11:17 AM

It is a 17" LCD. I have discovered I am not the only one with this problem. I called Apple this morning and all they said was they are aware of it and working on it. They suggested getting a KVM switch because sometimes that clears is up, or playing with settings on the monitor to make it more tolerable. Meanwhile that doesn't help me get through presentations with projectors that use VGA without making my audience cry because their eyes are watering and hurting from staring bright white ghosting...

DVI-VGA Problems on Every AlBook
Drew - GO BOILERS!
http://www.davcomp.com/

Forum Links
Forum Rules