Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Unable to Sync Full Contacts/Address Cards from Computer to iPhone

Unable to Sync Full Contacts/Address Cards from Computer to iPhone
aehaas
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2011, 05:29 PM

I bought the Verizon iPhone. I also have 2 desktops and 2 MacBooks. All but the phone properly sync the info from my address/contacts changes. For example, I put in the name of a friend and instead of a phone number I put in their social security number, or some alphanumeric entry next to a name. These sync across computers but do not show up on the iPhone. Only email and phone numbers show.

Is this designed this way or am I doing something wrong?

aehaas
MBP 3.06 8G RAM 500G HD, 8 core 3.0 8G RAM 8800GT all OEM Apple. Where to buy Polarion HID Searchlights
Home Inspection, whole house approach, Sarasota Home Inspections, we are your investigators.

-Q-
Mar 14, 2011, 09:57 AM

How are your syncing things? Is it a MobileMe account or some other cloud-based service?

aehaas  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 14, 2011, 07:33 PM

Syncing is with MobilMe to all the computers. I just this minute tried something different. I put some of the information into the "Notes" section of a card and it immediately transferred over to the iPhone. I also noticed that there are "Linked Cards" at the bottom of the "Contact" card on the iPhone. On these the "Notes" information is brought over, but still not on the first contact card you see on the iPhone. 'Still do not understand why any information put into the "Friend" or "Assistant" areas (that are not phone numbers) show up all all other Mac computers but not the iPhone.

aehaas
MBP 3.06 8G RAM 500G HD, 8 core 3.0 8G RAM 8800GT all OEM Apple. Where to buy Polarion HID Searchlights
Home Inspection, whole house approach, Sarasota Home Inspections, we are your investigators.

Forum Links
Forum Rules