Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Funky Freeze in 10.3.x

Funky Freeze in 10.3.x
jasong
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2004, 02:38 PM

I thought it was just Safari, but this problem actually seems to be system-wide. Basically, when I select something (click on a link in Safari, select a file in the Finder, etc.) the system pauses until I move the cursor.

It doesn't appear to be specific to my account as I archived my Library folder and let OS X build me a new one and the problem continued. Any suggestions before I do an archive and reinstall?

-- Jason

ginoledesma
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 01:51 AM

Can't say that's happened to me. The only noticeable pause I see is when bringing up a contextual menu the first time (whether in Safari, Mail, Finder, etc). As for the actions you've mentioned, I do a lot of clicking in Safari and Firefox without moving the mouse, as well as selecting files in the Finder.

Forum Links
Forum Rules