Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Titanium Powerbook possibly for sale

Titanium Powerbook possibly for sale
jasong
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2006, 06:53 PM

Hi all, I am considering putting my TiBook up for sale to fund the purchase of a new MacBook, but I need to get a sense of what it is worth, either here or on something like eBay. Here are the specs.

Titanium Powerbook G4 1Ghz
1 GB RAM
60 GB HD
Superdrive (with firmware upgrade to allow use of 2x DVD-R and 1x DVD-RW)
Original box and PowerBook restore CDs (OS 9)
Mac OS X 10.4.7 Tiger (will include install CD and original packaging)
Mac OS 9.2
iLife '06 (will include install CD and original packaging)

The left hinge was replaced by Apple about 9 months ago under AppleCare, at that time they replaced the screen, part of the case, and the trackpad. The paint on the replacement hinge does not match the other one (original hinge is two toned, replacement is one color). Cosmetically it shows no signs of paint flaking, and only minor wear and tear on the case. The battery was replaced about 9 months ago with one that matches the original power specifications and gets between 2 - 5 hours depending on what exactly you are doing.

So, what do you think I can get for it? Anyone interested in buying it? It is located in Boston, MA.
-- Jason

ricgnzlzcr
Sep 6, 2006, 08:22 PM

I have the same exact model. I'd say these powerbooks go for around $700. They're still very powerful and are the last notebooks to run OS 9

Forum Links
Forum Rules