Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > final cut pro 2

final cut pro 2
virtualdrummer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 5, 2001, 05:49 PM

I was just wondering the requirments for Final Cut Pro 2, wanna see if my iMac can handle it

GK
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 5, 2001, 06:02 PM

System Requirements

Macintosh computer with a 300MHz or faster Blue & White G3 or G4 processor (Beige G3s are not supported)
Mac OS 9.1 or later (9.1 Updater included � Final Cut Pro 2 is not certified to run in Mac OS X or in Classic-mode***)
QuickTime 5.0 or later (included)
available memory of 105MB
CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
20MB of available disk space required for installation (one or more high-performance SCSI media drives recommended

Cipher13
Nov 5, 2001, 06:33 PM

Virtual Memory works fine if you can't spare that much. But don't expect it to be fun like that.
I managed to get FCP2 to run fine under 9.04. I didn't want to upgrade; if you can get a FULL 9.1 CD, then do it though.

A G4 makes all the difference in the world too... and you can never have too much RAM.

Hack3006
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2001, 12:43 AM

I have an iMac DV 400 mhz, running OS 9.2.1, 80 gig external firewire hard drive and 1 gig of ram. Final Cut Pro runs very well for me. The major concerns are enough ram to actually render things quickly and a hard drive large enough to hold the digitized video.
My toys:
iMac DV G3 400mhz, 1 Gig Ram, 10 Gig Hard drive, 60 Gig external firewire,
USB Iomega cd R/W, USB Iomega ZIP 100, Epson 777

Dual 1 GHz G4 512 RAM, Super Drive, 22 inch studio display, CTX 17 inch monitor,
80 GB, 100 GB, 250 GB hard drives,
Sony VX2000
Epson 2400 Scanner

Forum Links
Forum Rules