Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Chooser won't create desktop printer

Chooser won't create desktop printer
sanford
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 16, 2001, 08:07 PM

I booted my Cube and there was a big, black X over my USB HP 932C Deskjet printer. I trashed the desktop printer icon and now the chooser won't create a new desktop printer for the Deskjet.

I have removed and reinstalled the Deskjet driver software twice, trashed finder and mac os prefs, trashed system prefs and zapped the PRAM. Nothing has helped.

The chooser will still create desktop printers for other types of printers (LW8 PSPrinter), and I can still use my Deskjet after I have selected it in the Chooser, but no desktop printer is created.

What gives?

Cipher13
Jul 19, 2001, 07:06 AM

Desktop Printer Manager
Desktop Printer Spooler
Desktop PrintMonitor

Make sure they're intact, as well as the Desktop Printer drivers for the printer itself, if it needs them.

Perhaps reinstall the Desktop Printers component of the OS?

Forum Links
Forum Rules