Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Looking for software to do CD and DVD Slideshows

Looking for software to do CD and DVD Slideshows
markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2006, 04:02 PM

I just upgraded to Mac from the PC and used a program frequently called Ulead CD&DVD PictureShow where you can basically take a lot of pictures from a digital camera, burn them to a CD or DVD, and create a slideshow to be played on a DVD player or even a computer. Is there anything like this for the Mac?

travisimo
Nov 3, 2006, 05:15 PM

iDVD comes with your wonderful Mac...

here is a step by step tutorial

iDVD 6.0 Help: Creating an iDVD slideshow

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2006, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by markw10 View Post
I just upgraded to Mac from the PC and used a program frequently called Ulead CD&DVD PictureShow where you can basically take a lot of pictures from a digital camera, burn them to a CD or DVD, and create a slideshow to be played on a DVD player or even a computer. Is there anything like this for the Mac?
iPhoto to iDVD
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

Burn
Forum Regular
Nov 8, 2006, 08:08 PM

As has been mentioned... load up your photos into iPhoto, fire up iDVD and you can build a slide show from there... iDVD will ask where your library is and it's golden. It will also access your iTunes library.. Open iTunes and make a playlist of tracks you want to accompany your DVD slideshow... you can synchronize the slideshow to your playlist and do all kinds of fun things. Ken Burns effect makes the slides fly by nicely.

I just made a DVD of 45 mins of autocross footage in iMove, then I share it with iDVD which 'builds' the file for burning.. I built my DVD interface to have a button for the movie, specific scenes or slideshow. Save as a disc image and then I burn the DVD's out of Disk Utility.

I am pleasantly surprised at how well it all works together, but it has limited features... I am going to move to FCP soon.

HTH, B.

Forum Links
Forum Rules