Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iPhoto Organizing--GRRR

iPhoto Organizing--GRRR
TheaterCub
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2003, 03:07 PM

I am a little lost and frustrated.

I have NO problem uploading my Sony DSC-P7 into iPhoto--the question lies in how to organize and access my photos easily (by inserting pics into an email mostly). When I open AOL and try to insert or attach a pic, i go to pictures->photo album-> and then it gives me either gray icons of my pics so i CANNOT insert them or numbers (i.e. "02", "06") which is where the pics lie--the are in random n umbered folders which somehow musthave broekn them up from the single upload. I know this prob sounds confusing, but I am very lost on to how to simply upload my pics in iPhoto, create a simple album, then access that album when i want to insert a pic into an email via AOl (WITHOUT a grayscale icon which WONT allow me to do so).

JLFanboy
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 4, 2003, 03:14 PM

First off, you probably should put this in the Software forum. Just for future reference.

Secondly, iPhoto organizes your pics in such a way that the Albums in iPhoto don't correspond to any folders on your harddrive. You can't access them that way. What you can do, however, is simply drag all of the pics out of iPhoto and into a new folder in the finder. This copies all of the pictures and allows you to get at them through AOL. You can simply "Select All" of the pics in the album you want, drag, and you have a duplicate of that album.

Hope this helps.

cambro
Senior User
Jun 4, 2003, 04:00 PM

Why aren't you using Mail?? One of the nicest things about iPhoto is how easy it is to resize and email pictures using the built in Mail feature. No need to attach pictures and/or resize them outside of iPhoto.

And yes, this should be in the Software forum...

Chris Grande
Senior User
Jun 4, 2003, 04:21 PM

iPhoto works easily with AOL. Just go into iPhotos preferences and at the bottom were it says 'Mail' select America Online from the drop down menu. The email icon in the iPhoto window will switch from a Mail.app icon to the AOL icon. Now just select the pictures you want to send and click the AOL icon in iPhoto, AOL will launch and create a eMail containing those pictures as an attachment.

Forum Links
Forum Rules