Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > animated gif of Norton Disk Doctor

animated gif of Norton Disk Doctor
yikesmoose
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2015, 07:14 PM

Where can I find an animated gif of Dr. Norton examining the big, red hard drive platter with a stethoscope from Norton Disk Doctor 3.5? It was a very simple animation of Norton moving his arm back and forth.

I've been able to located a non-animated gif file by doing a simple Google Image search for: Norton Disk Doctor animated gif. (No quotation marks).

The animation ran while Disk Doctor did the following "Tests": Starting Up, Checking for Bad Blocks, Checking Disk Information, Checking Directory Contents, Checking for Missing Files, and Analyzing Files.

This animation was replaced in Norton Disk Doctor 4.0 with a static illustration of a hard drive platter.

I have fond memories of watching this animation play while Norton was doing its work. Fun times! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I already tried a Reverse Google Image Search and using tineye.com.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Jan 22, 2015, 08:01 PM

It was probably an icon slide show. Finding a copy and cracking it open with ResEdit would let you make a gif out of the pieces if that was true. See also SheepSaver

is not
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 23, 2015, 12:29 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules