Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > installing a Radeon card in os 8.6

installing a Radeon card in os 8.6
soviet conscript
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2014, 12:20 PM

Hey, new to the forums and mostly new to macs as well. I'm mostly interested in retro gaming and recently Ive decide to upgrade a 7600 I have. it currently has a g3 cpu upgrade and os 8.6 but I wanted to add a video card. I was thinking a Radeon 7000 paired with a voodoo 2. I read that the Radeon 7000 can install to os x and 9 via fine but the install for os 8 is a little tricky and I was hoping someone could point me to a guide to do it or tell me how tricky it is. keep in mind as far as macs go my knowledge is pretty basic so when someone says "manually install the extension into the system file" I go "extension??? system file????

OK, well maybe not that bad but not to far off.

Forum Links
Forum Rules