Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Logitech Unifying keyboard and mouse on OS 9 works!

Logitech Unifying keyboard and mouse on OS 9 works!
shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2020, 02:22 PM

Was testing this the other day on my DA Power Mac G4. The keyboard (K780) and mouse (MX Master 2S) were both paired to a unifying receiver in Linux (OSS Unifying app) first. I plugged the receiver into one of the ports on my cinema display, and after a second, OS 9.2.1 recognized both. The K780 has built-in layout switching between Mac and PC, so I was able to switch to the Mac layout, and everything worked as expected. Scrolling and right-clicking on the mouse worked. I didn't bother trying anything else, but unless Classilla supports the standard keyboard shortcuts for forward and backward, I doubt the navigation buttons do anything.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

reader50
Administrator
Apr 25, 2020, 05:20 PM

USB Overdrive is still around ... with downloads going back to Jaguar.

You'd probably have to contact them about the OS9 version. Which I bought once upon a time, and doubtless still have.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 12, 2020, 07:09 PM

Yeah I'm retarded and didn't realize I had USB Overdrive installed. But that made everything work, so it's a pretty rad setup.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules