Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > AirPort X Card haveing Poor Signal

AirPort X Card haveing Poor Signal
Blizzake
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2004, 02:24 PM

I currently have a buffalo wireless G router on the tv down stairs, and while upstairs my powerbook my signal drops in and out.

I stay in the same spot, and on the meter at the top i can go from 3, 2, or no bars.

My tower (pc) also has a wireless card and stays consistant with singnal.

is there a tweak for the airport x card that i can use to help the signal stay consistant, becuase its dropping web pages like crazy...
C2D Blackbook Week 44

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 23, 2004, 03:01 PM

The signal you get on your PB probably drops out because of interference with the signal, possibly caused by people/pets moving between the access point and the laptop. You really want those bars to indicate reality for you, but you have to understand that your wireless signal will vary when there's something in the way.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules