Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New 12" and Canon Printer

New 12" and Canon Printer
bateman1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2004, 09:16 PM

I just recieved my 12" 1ghz PB and I am trying to get it to recognize my new i250 Canon printer. I'm running the most current version of Panther (10.3.2). I've installed drivers from the Panther Installation cd, the cd that came with the printer, and the driver's from Canon's website...

Each time I have gone through the restart process and each time it says in Printer Setup Assistant that there are no drives installed.

What do i do? I need my printer desperately!!

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks
Bateman

Starry Night
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 23, 2004, 12:42 AM

Contact Canon, I've found them to be very helpful.....

bateman1  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2004, 08:28 PM

I've tried, if you know how please let me know. I have gone to their website and called the number they gave me, but it was not right. I also emailed them and got no answer.

I think that there is not a Panther driver for the i250 printer. Which really gets me steamed. I bought it at CompUSA on sale and on recommendation by a employee there. Well...it works in classic.... how much else do I have to say...

Even worse, I have left my receipt back at school and now I am home by the store I bought the printer and they won't even talk to me...

Jeeze...

tuamigo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2004, 08:42 PM

You might want to have a look at gimp print.
http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3
Although they don't have your printed listed, they do have some other cannon drivers.
You might find one that will get your printer working, minus many of the printer features. Just an idea.

bateman1  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2004, 03:17 AM

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=198633

KarlG gave me some tips, thank goodness...

If anybody else comes across this problem, you should probably read this thread. Pretty cool fix, I don't really know how he figured that out! But I will ask no questions, now I can print out my papers in my dorm.

Anyhow, I have to get back to my new 12", this printer thing has been the only problem, so far. Awesome laptop. I'm so satisfied.

Thanks for the help!
Bateman

Forum Links
Forum Rules