Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Only loading XP on startup and no Starup disk menu in control panel

Only loading XP on startup and no Starup disk menu in control panel
Smiley0102
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2006, 02:29 PM

So, I installed XP, everything went fine, but now I can't get into OS X. I start up my mac holding down the option key, like it says, and it dont give me the option, just goes straight into XP

Then, trying to change it in the control panel, performance and maintanence, theres no Startup disk file or folder to which i can access to configure my default OS like it says there should be.

ALSO, the mac driver CD that bootcamp burned for me wont work. One bar away from completing instalation and it says 'Error - 1603 could not install' blah blah blah, Windows usual crap.

Help me plz!

Smiley0102  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2006, 05:32 PM

Right, Its kewl I got the first problem fixed

But the driver CD still aint working, so I dont have Airport or any sound cause the speakers wont work

help?

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 30, 2006, 08:46 PM

First tell us what you did so you could boot OS X again. Then tell us what exactly IS working and what EXACTLY the error message you get when installing the driver CD says. "Blah, blah, blah" is not exactly useful.

Oh, and Welcome to the MacNN Forums!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Smiley0102  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 1, 2006, 01:16 PM

I held down alt instead of the option key.

the ATI graphics is the ONLY thing that came off working after using the mac driver CD. The message that came up before finishing the installation was:

"Error 1603 Fatal error during installation

Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information"

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 1, 2006, 07:10 PM

It sounds like your driver CD may have some problems. As I don't have an Intel Mac handy, I don't know if you can rerun Boot Camp to generate a new driver CD, but that may be your best bet. By the way, I use CD-RWs for this sort of thing so if I goof, I don't waste a recordable disc. Anyway, give it a try and see if you can get a new driver disc to work.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules