Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > shuffle for the gym.

shuffle for the gym.
far200
Forum Regular
Feb 1, 2005, 12:42 AM

For those that have the shuffle.... I was looking at buying one to use when I go for a run or to the gym.....Does the lanyard work or should I also get the sports case.... I don't like the
armband.
Hows the sound throught the earphones and do they stay in.........or should I look at getting different ones.
thanks for the info..............

Dalhectar
Feb 1, 2005, 01:08 AM

I wouldn't run or bike with anything hanging around my neck, but that's just me. Lifting weights with the shuffle shouldn't be a problem with the lanyard though.

As far as headphones, you might look to something else. the Apple earbuds have never been a good match for me. I tend to like the Koss KCS-55. Koss' titatium drivers are good, but the cheaper ones are crap.

The Shur e2s might work also, and they match the iPod better.

mikithecrackhead
Senior User
Feb 1, 2005, 12:11 PM

I don't see a problem with wearing the lanyard on some of the cardio machines. I wouldn't play any physical activity or aerobics. Swimming is definately out of the question!
The sound off of the ear buds is excellent but they tangle very very easily. When I remove them from my pocket/gym bag I spend a considerable amount of time de-knotting the tangles. The buds are amazingly durable though. They still work after all the pulls and tugs. I purchesed an inexpensive (12.99) phillips headphone at Target. It was on the iPod display with the iPod products. The sound is not good, The fit is just a little better.
Hope this helps.
At least at the Asylum, they treat me with respect.

vmpaul
Professional Poster
Feb 1, 2005, 01:05 PM

I don't have a Shuffle, yet. But i've used an armband radio for the gym for years. No problem on any Nautilus machine or the elliptical or treadmill. Just thread it around your back.

Originally posted by mikithecrackhead:
The sound off of the ear buds is excellent but they tangle very very easily. When I remove them from my pocket/gym bag I spend a considerable amount of time de-knotting the tangles.
For your knotting problems, try these. I haven't received my order yet but they seem to be good solution.

I have the same problem. Every-time I have to untangle the headphone cords. Every-time.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Feb 1, 2005, 02:27 PM

The Smart Wraps can twist up your cord so you have to use it. Nice idea but needs work. I have the Sony 71s and love them. Very comfortable. Shuffle is great for gym, though I did order a sport case for it.
Thinking of selling my mini now, or giving it to my dad as my iPod photo and shuffle meet all my musical needs.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

far200  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 1, 2005, 10:37 PM

Thanks for the info... Looks like I'll be getting the 1 Gig shuffle.....can't wait....

Forum Links
Forum Rules