Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > D&D online??

D&D online??
Pogomwg
Jan 9, 2006, 01:16 AM

I was looking on ddo.com and could not find any answer on wether or not it would be available for mac. It looks like the preorders are only for PC, so im guess that thats a negitive, but if anyone knows any diffrent please let me know.
iBook G4 1.42 60GB 768mb. G5 iPod Video White 30 Gig.

greenamp
Mac Elite
Jan 9, 2006, 03:36 AM

It's basically the same ole same ole, "we are not currently releasing a Mac version but are open to it in the future" schpeel with DDO.

I'm not sure yet what to make of this game. From the looks of things, it will be yet another slow, methodical level grind type of MMO, with no plans for pvp of any kind which quite possibly might kill the game before it releases. And the reason they decided to not implement pvp is b/c they are pushing for a quick launch and don't want to take the time required to somewhat balance classes b/c they want quick bucks 1st.

Who knows though, it may turn out to be incredible, but I don't have my hopes up right now.
( Last edited by greenamp; Jan 9, 2006 at 03:50 AM. )

Pogomwg  (op)
Jan 9, 2006, 10:25 PM

I really dont care for pvp personaly.. the game looks good i think .. i miss the old table top D&D. i can play it on my other machine, i just would like to be able to play on my mac when im out of town.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jan 9, 2006, 10:33 PM

Same here. The PVP stuff is boring to me as well. I want something closer to the REAL AD&D experience of being quest based with a party. So far the closest game to that is NWN.

Pogomwg  (op)
Jan 10, 2006, 12:00 AM

YA i agree.

Forum Links
Forum Rules