Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > New Belkin N1 802.11n expresscard question

New Belkin N1 802.11n expresscard question
Mobile Mod
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 13, 2007, 03:22 PM

I just bought the new Belkin N1 Wireless ExpressCard and forgot to look at the side of the box to see if it would work with OS X. Well lo and behold when I plug it in my system really doesnt do anything except show that the expresscard icon comes into my menu bar... That says its an unknown vendor Ethernet adapter.

Any idea on where I could find a driver/something to make this work? I'm running a Macbook Pro Core Duo processor (not the Core 2 Duo which can just download a patch through Apple). Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Justin
AlPB 15" Rev. C (1.5GHz) | 30GB 5G Apple iPod Video | SE S710a

Apple Certified Portable Technician, Apple Certified Desktop Technician, Apple Certified Help Desk Agent

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 13, 2007, 08:07 PM

There is apparently no OS X driver for that device. Unless someone has access to a lot of data about the card, its chipset, and some OS X-compatible device with the same chipset, you may be in for a drive back to the store to return the thing. Sorry.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules